Check out all the cool summer events for the summer of 2013

Moderator: Gwen

KuuKiir
Supporting Role
Supporting Role
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

KuuKiir's Data Log

Post by KuuKiir » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Last edited by KuuKiir on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:05 am, edited 8 times in total.

KuuKiir
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Re: KuuKiir's Data Log

Post by KuuKiir » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:11 pm

Greetings, fellow campers! :D It sure is a good day to be be a member of Homo Sapiens. I hope the following summery time cycles will allow us to exchange pleasantries and share important information. Like one humanoid to another, yes? I am looking ahead! It shall be most wondrous. <3

~~~~~

Data Log 1, Earth Date 06.06.2013

Infiltration plan, phase one: success!

We have arrived. Before we set off, [codename] Jupiter gave us plenty of information about the current climate conditions, but words don't do this weather justice. Earthlings call this season SUMMER, but I'll just call it the "help, I'm about to melt" season. Mind you, [codename] Miss Prickleberry seems to enjoy it! But I can't say I entirely agree. We have three suns, and it's still colder! How am I to infiltrate anything if all I want to do is lay down and doze off? Perhaps infiltrating the nearest beach or pool is a good course of action.

Our lodgings are quaint and cozy. A small wooden cabin amidst the indigenous flora. Miss Prickleberry spent quite a while trying to communicate with these varied and colorful creatures! Flowers of so many shapes and shades, trees taller than anything I've ever laid eyes upon! Alas, I was forced to inform her that these brethren of hers, similar as they may look, are born without a voice. It saddened her a fair deal, but she's not one to give up easy. She is now attempting to communicate via sign language. I remain skeptical.

There's a strange ornate container placed upon the desk. I think it may be an altar of sorts? I have decorated it in a very humanly fashion, with a touch of clutter and hint of charming disorder. Miss Prickleberry will stand guard! To the untrained eye, she looks very much like a small member of family Cactaceae. This will work greatly in our favor.

Truth be told, I'm not entirely sure why we were sent here. Would not our efforts be more useful somewhere else? They said this place was of great importance to Earthlings, and we would get to know some very powerful people. Well.. it may not be my place to say, but this is really more of a cabin than a house. And only the roof is white. But regardless, we will do our best. I think these "camp leaders" may be those powerful people we're meant to learn about? I hope to contact [codename] Mercury in the near future and specify.

Until then, proceeding with infiltration plan, phase two!
Right after I take a small nap that is.

[codename] KuuKiir,
end of Data Log 1.

Phoenigette
Producer
Producer
AKA: Batty's Slave
Dolling Style: Pixel

Post by Phoenigette » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Oh man everything about this is amazing
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)
Bang, baby!

batgirl
Super star
Super star
AKA: Quoth The Batty
Avatar Base: dnya.deviantart.com

Post by batgirl » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:26 pm

wow. I love this. This could be a wonderful kids show
by Mokia

mokia
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend
AKA: Nerdier Than Thou

Post by mokia » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:37 pm

You are now my favorite. (but let's keep that a secret)

Gwen
Producer
Producer
AKA: King of Leopard Print ♕
Formerly: Blackfyre

Post by Gwen » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:21 pm

I LOVE the gradient effect on the vanity, it's gorgeous ♥
and your entry is absolutely fantastic xD
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥

AxxKat
Gaffer
Gaffer
AKA: Dolling Faster Than A Speeding Bullet

Post by AxxKat » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:49 pm

your additives to the vanity are so wonderful, i love the colors! :D

Kenly
Celebrity
Celebrity
Dolling Style: Pixel and Cell

Post by Kenly » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:49 pm

-attaches a sticky note that simply says:

*\o/*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gigglebird by ME!
av base by Hollay

Shixam
Super star
Super star
AKA: Princess of Pink
Avatar Base: http://aerieyena.deviantart.com/

Post by Shixam » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:46 am

I found my favorite journal! And I love what you did with your vanity! O.O
My Charm Bracelet
ImageImageImageImageImage

LucyKitsch
Super star
Super star
Avatar Base: http://kar10sa.deviantart.com
Formerly: PocketfulOfLove

Post by LucyKitsch » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:52 pm

Well, let's all go home now.
Nice try, everyone, but there's no competing with this.

So. Great. I love the story, the vanity, everything on it... It's perfect. And it definitely WOULD make a great children's show, I agree!
- Lauren
Usernames I've Used: LaurenDouglasArt / LucyKitsch / BalanceWithIntention / TransmogrifiedLimn / AndSheCameAlive / LuneLyoness / OfTheFreckledKind / LaBellaMadre / PocketfulOfLove / TheSketchingVeg / LestYeBecome / EvolveTransform / LaurenDouglasCreates / LaurenDouglasCreative*

My DeviantArt
Avatar by me, base is a GLAM exclusive.

My laptop is finally working after not having worked for months, AND I'm pregnant, so sorry if you haven't seen / still may not see much of me for a while! :)

KuuKiir
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by KuuKiir » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Thank you generously for the kind phrases you have left for me, Great Glorious Camp Leaders and lovely fellow campers! <3 I most appreciate your extended limb of friendship! And I am glad your eyesight finds my altar pleasing. I hope our future communications will be of a similarly positive nature! *\o/*

[mental note] Research mysterious hieroglyph!

~~~~~

Data Log 2, Earth Date 11.06.2013

Infiltration plan, phase two: success!

I have made first contact with earthlings! So far they seem unsuspecting of my unearthly origins. I think my impressive language skills and relaxed humanoid demeanor were most convincing! :)
Miss Prickleberry snickers. I choose to ignore her.
All in all they seem a rather amiable, pleasant lot. Perhaps this assignment shall be easier than I initially thought.

To best blend in, I have taken it upon myself to include my presence in various camp activities. They will most certainly consider me all the more human when they see the ease with which I perform complicated human tasks!

First up in our activity agenda is a curious event related to "Make Up". As far as I've been able to determine, "make up" is a type of camouflage that human females (and occasionally males) apply to their faces in generous quantities. While I don't fully understand the context of this tradition, I have noticed a small practical problem.. while it looks quite lovely, it doesn't really work. I haven't the heart to tell them, nor can I afford to compromise my cover, but despite the numerous earth minutes (and even hours) they spend, carefully applying layer after layer and color after color.. I can still recognize them perfectly. Would not a mask be a much more efficient disguise?
Regardless, I have attempted to recreate this strange tradition to the best of my abilities. While initially lost for ideas, Miss Prickleberry was quick to suggest a summery, floral design. I think the end result is of a moderately decent nature, in all it's undisguising glory. :D

In other news, my plan to contact [codename] Mercury has suffered a setback. After unpacking my transgalactic transmitter, I discovered a small flaw in our operations.. batteries not included. I know budget cuts were numerous, but surely there were other things they could have spared expenses on! I know for a fact Mercury ordered three new hoverboards last cycle. "To test the effects of Earth gravity upon the latest models", he said.
I'm beginning to think that may have been an excuse.
Either way, I'm forced to investigate other means of contact. Perhaps some earthling "astronaut" might be willing to drop off my message? I will of course disguise it as a birthday card to a distant relative, so as not to arouse suspicion.

Meanwhile, carrying on with infiltration plan, phase three, revision A! :rank-onestar:

[codename] KuuKiir,
end of Data Log 2.

Phoe
Celebrity
Celebrity
AKA: Big Hair..Bigger Heart
Avatar Base: http://odyrah.deviantart.com/
Formerly: PhoeC

Post by Phoe » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:26 pm

*runs in and TP's the inside of the cabin*

base from Ody

KuuKiir
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by KuuKiir » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:00 pm

That.. is the cutest thing since.. ever!! xD It just made my day! <3

Data Log 3, Earth Date 12.06.2013

A short log at the end of the day seems to be in order. I spent most of the day in question visiting other campers and collecting important information. I saw a great variety of impressive altars! Or 'vanities', as I've heard earthlings call them. Came in contact with some friendly humanoids and left many messages scribbled in various journals! And sometimes on cabin walls. Occasionally on ceilings and floors. All in all, a productive day of building relations and making new contacts! As humans might call it, "networking".

All this running around was certainly tiring! But I found a very lovely surprise when I arrived back at my cabin. A fellow camper must have taken the time to decorate my rooms! How sweet of them to consider furnishing my cabin interiors in such unique manner. <3 They also left behind a carefully crafted portrait of Miss Prickleberry! She's insisting we have it framed and hang it on the wall. I can't say I have any objections. The likeness is remarkable!

On schedule with phase three! Partaking in more camp activities is a goal for the nearest of futures.

[codename] KuuKiir,
end of Data Log 3.

KuuKiir
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by KuuKiir » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:22 am

Data Log 4, Earth Date 13.06.2013

After inquiring with a strange, slightly confused A.I named "Google", I contacted NASA. They seem to be the organization in charge of earthling astronauts! I figured they might be able to help me deliver my birthday card to the agreed-upon emergency drop-off point (neptune, I think earthlings call it). For an organization of such significance, you would expect a better connection quality! My calls kept dropping off for no apparent reason. After my fifth connection, they said they would send the police if I called again. That is most certainly kind of them, but I don't see what the local law enforcement could do for me! I'm pretty sure they don't have the necessary equipment for space travel.

To get my mind off these matters, I instead decided to tackle the next camp activity! One by the name of "Uniform design". I've perused a significant amount of dusty data archives and know that once, a long time ago, we too used to design our own garments! That is, until GADI [Global Artificial Design Intellect] was invented. No organic mind could hope to compete with her speed and efficiency. In a matter of microseconds she could calculate and produce the most ergonomic design, taking into account everything from the users body type and daily schedule to current (and upcoming) weather patterns. The amount of time and resources we saved was astounding! Soon enough, GADI became the accepted standard and organic garment design became obsolete.
Not that anything can be perfect, mind you. That one time with the glitch.. let's just say those were an interesting few weeks.

Either way, this assignment was understandably not the easiest of tasks for me! I must admit to taking liberal inspiration from one of GADI's recent designs. Namely the "Season 7 Casual Outdoors 2.5" line. It's not like anyone's going to know. With some much needed help from Miss Prickleberry (she's becoming quite adept at all things human; must be all that earthling television she's watching), I successfully integrated some common human design elements! And well.. such is the end result.

I believe it is something a reasonably open-minded humanoid might be willing to wear. Miss Prickleberry says she's seen some Fashion TV and I really shouldn't worry; apparently humans will wear the strangest of things.

That is all, for the moment. Phase three ongoing. :D

[codename] KuuKiir,
end of Data Log 4.

miazilla
Cast
Cast
Avatar Base: http://wish04.deviantart.com/

Post by miazilla » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:34 am

*written on a torn out journal page, lying next to the vanity*

You cactus is co cute ^^ Having green things really improves a space doesn't it? Yours seems slightly more manageable than the vines climbing over my vanity though. Perhaps you have some tips for a novice gardener?
Image Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

KuuKiir
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by KuuKiir » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Why thank you, author of friendly note! <3 I agree, greenery makes a most pleasant addition to any vanity of available surface! I've been using a lot of green in my works recently as well, come to think of it. Perhaps Miss Prickleberry's subtle influence, hehe.
Tips for novice gardener? Well, I won't pretend to be an expert, but.. don't let your impressionable greenery watch too much television! They will get strange ideas. xD Perhaps try some healthier outdoors activities instead! <3 For instance, Miss Prickleberry greatly enjoys sunbathing.

~~~~~

Data Log 5, Earth Date 22.06.2013

Time certainly passes by at abnormally high speeds when you are engaged in entertaining activities. The layer of dust covering my data log was rather impressive! I think this earthling "vacuum cleaner" needs urgent repairs. It's been sitting in the corner for numerous weeks and it refuses to clean! I even tried various audio commands, in case it was lacking proper dust sensors. Nothing! I suspect it is out of order.

Either way, it was time to engage in more camp activities. Earthlings seem a rather active lot, it wouldn't do to fall behind! That's how covers are blown, Miss Prickleberry helpfully opined. The first looming deadline in the distance was the "Fitness" event, so that is which I decided to tackle.
As always, I started out with little to no clever ideas. Miss Prickleberry was quick to suggest that she could become my model! All that Fashion TV has certainly inspired her. Alas, her body shape is a bit too different from that of the average humanoid. Her plan did, however, give me some ideas! I was reminded of [codename] Ara, my next door neighbor back home. She always had aspirations for a modeling career as well! And she'd often joke her mothers must've had a fling with an earthling. I mean yes, there are some differences, but as humans might say.. close enough.

She's a really lovely lady, once you get past the skittering and overabundance of webbing in the hallways.

To assuage even the smallest hint of suspicion, altho' I fail to see why they should arise, I also made a pose with two perfectly average ordinary earthlings. Perusing the selection of poses on offer I noticed a distinct lack of amorous humanoid couples! A mistake that had to be rectified.

Such have been my recent activities! Plenty more to tackle, it seems.
Now to see about fixing this cleaning unit.

[codename] KuuKiir,
end of Data Log 5.
Last edited by KuuKiir on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KuuKiir
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by KuuKiir » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:25 am

Data Log 6, Earth Date 30.06.2013

First month of my camp infiltration assignment has come to an end! And what a month it's been. I'm not entirely certain I've accomplished much in the way of uncovering important secrets, but I've most certainly learned plenty of less important things! For instance, the average weight of an average banana is approximately 120 grams. Fascinating!

Speaking of which, the next camp event I had the important task of attending was the healthy edibles parade! After a brief moment of thoughtful consideration, it occurred to me that Earth has a very large variety of invertebrates of class Insecta. Rich in proteine, appealingly spindly. Best of all, easy to procure! For as it is, my knowledge is quite lacking in this particular area.. classes in earth cuisine were not part of my mission preparation. We could only spare funds for few select courses and in the end, polka lessons took precedence.

Anyhow, I set out with a large plastic container, determined and rather proud of my quick thinking. It took me a good few earth hours, but in the end I amassed an impressive collection of different crawling and skittering creatures! Keeping them in the bucket was an arduous task, I'll say that much. Alas, as humans would say, my party was pooped by Miss Prickleberry. She had just finished her sunbathing session to see me haul in my restless cargo! Apparently, as she had recently witnessed in some kind of cooking show (perhaps I should be watching more television myself), Insecta are best eaten with copious amounts of ketchup.
Needless to say, we don't have any ketchup.
While I remain somewhat skeptical regarding this information (surely mustard would work as well?), it was a risk I didn't feel I could take. Committing such a culinary faux pas would surely alert the earthlings! Thus, I was forced to set out again, in search of something less demanding. In the end, I settled for various simple fruit products. Less margin for error. I will include the mustard, just in case.

I am uncertain what I should do with all the insects. I realize now that setting the bucket down in the corner while I hurried out to gather new edibles was not the smartest of ideas. There are various beetles on the floor, grasshoppers stuck in my hair and ants all over the data log. Miss Prickleberry happily identified them all for me, but that doesn't exactly help right now!
Regardless, I shall remain cool and collected. I shall not be bothered by such matters. I have a mission to complete!

Speaking of which, my quest to contact [codename] Mercury has had a breakthrough! After many hours of fiddling with my Transgalactic Transmitter, I discovered a curious fact.. it's compatible with Earth batteries! So that's what the World Energy Corporation sponsored Earth mission was all about. Original New Battery Design my behind! But their less than ethical business practices do prove profitable for my mission. There is still the small problem of energy consumption. One set of four earthling Double A's will only last me about 20 seconds. "[Codename] KuuKiir, reporting in.." was all I was able to broadcast for the time being. But regardless, we've made progress!

I will be heading to the local earthling store for some batteries ASAP. :D
Might pick up some ketchup as well.
Have to do something with all those insects!

[codename] KuuKiir,
end of Data Log 6.

KuuKiir
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by KuuKiir » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Data Log 7, Earth Date 07.07.2013

Another week gone by, another data log to record!

I visited the local awesomemarket, as I had intended! [Or was that greatmarket? These bizarre earthling terms can be hard to keep track of!] The counter humanoid gave me a quizzical look when I told him I wanted their entire stock of double-A batteries. I assured him it was for a completely harmless and perfectly innocuous purpose. "I watch a lot of television, you see! All that channel surfing just burns through the batteries!"
That cover story was Miss Prickleberry's idea, by the way. I would personally have gone for the "electric car" excuse, but Miss Prickleberry was adamant. I wasn't in the mood to engage in debate, so television it was.

I also bought some ketchup! But alas, I didn't quite have the heart to consume our insectoid guests. We've actually gotten quite used to them by now. Their chirping and buzzing can be most calming after a long day of infiltration. We've begun assigning some of them names, in fact. The grasshopping green curiosity that likes to rest upon our vanity is Pete. The red ladybug that often accompanies him is Jacqueline. The big confused beetle that resides under the cupboard is Mercury. *snicker*

Anyhow, while I now possess three large boxes full of necessary power devices, I've not yet had the chance to attempt another connection. For this week, we had three different camp events to finish!

First up was a "Camp Photo" activity. We were ordered to dress up in our assigned camp uniforms and present ourselves for a photographic recording! And that is precisely what I have done. Success! Miss Prickleberry took the liberty of "tuning up" my camp uniform with some fanciful details and accessories. She might not be on her way to become a model, but she has developed a keen eye for earthling fashion design. Most helpful, considering my shortcomings in this department!
In order to include Miss Prickleberry without raising suspicion, we disguised her as a fashionable green hat. No pointing or screaming resulted, so I surmise our disguise was sufficiently subtle.

Second in our weekly schedule was the "Nail Polish" event. A most curiously specific earthling invention, but I've grown accustomed to their bizarre creativity. I do wish someone would have thought to apply this polish before putting the nails to use! Some of them were quite hard to pry out of the cabin walls. But in the end, I reigned victorious! All the nails are now shiny and polished. Quite festive, I must say! I shall hammer them back in tomorrow.

Last, an event I nearly managed to forget in the midst of this busy week. Another fashion related activity at that! Since at the time, Miss Prickleberry was busy playing chess [some bizarre human game] with Pete and Jacqueline [how she managed to lose to those two I'll never know], I was left to my own devices. I decided to, once more, take inspiration from the familiar. Namely, the "Most Fabulous and Fashionable Species in The Known Universe". A self-proclaimed title, but one that none have ever bothered to contest. In no small part, I imagine, due to their rather intimidating fleet of [fabulous] starships.
I've only ever met the [codename] Aviarians in person once. While she seemed like a decent [if somewhat haughty] character, we had little to relate to one another. There was awkward silence, interrupted by occasional preening. Should we meet again however, my exotic Earthly fashion experience will no doubt provide a new common ground. Until then, I imagine my brief Aviarian acquaintance won't mind being my fashion inspiration.

That concludes this most active of weeks! A small moment of relaxation is in order. :D After that, onwards and upwards, as humans might say.

[codename] KuuKiir,
end of Data Log 7.

JadeWaters
Celebrity
Celebrity
AKA: The Water Fuu Dragon's Guardian
Formerly: DTChris

Post by JadeWaters » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:13 am

*during the dead of the night while everyone is asleep, the TP Bandit strikes leaving behind a mess of wet and dry toilet paper flung all over the outside of the cabins.*

{Av|team tag|Vial by Okami_hu}

Kenly
Celebrity
Celebrity
Dolling Style: Pixel and Cell

Post by Kenly » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:34 pm

*sneaks in when no-one's around and sets the desktop and screensaver to the blue screen of death!*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gigglebird by ME!
av base by Hollay

Ginkage
Supporting Role
Supporting Role
AKA: Tender Of The Lobotomized Acorn
Avatar Base: odyrah.deviantart.com

Post by Ginkage » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:51 pm

*Gin sneaks in and leaves a little gift on the floor beside the bed. Is it real? Is it not? Do you dare find out?* :twisted:
Awesome avatar by batgirl!

mokia
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend
AKA: Nerdier Than Thou

Post by mokia » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:43 am

*Krazy glues some of your items on to your vanity*

Return to “Summer Camp”