Hi!

Only members of Team Silver may post here!

Moderator:Gwen

kaitlyn
Supporting Role
Supporting Role
Dolling Style:Tool and Pixel
Hi!

Post by kaitlyn » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:32 am

Figured it was about time I posted this up.
Spoiler: show
This is the doll I'm redolling:

Just the female. I actually have no plans of doing the male at this current point in time.
I actually JUST started my redoll (been hella busy, u kno.) This is what I have so far:
base is the world of purple & the unforgiven

The way the original's hair and makeup was seemed somewhat Egyptian to me, so that's what I'm aiming for with the redoll. I'm actually liking the way the tail came/is coming out (I don't believe I'm completely finished with it just yet, I feel the need to tweak it already. :P) I have yet to change her skintone/shading and edit her face. Any and all colors may or may not be changed at a later date.

All that aside - opinions?

Keke
Producer
Producer
AKA:The Argyle Queen
Dolling Style:Tool

Re: Hi!

Post by Keke » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Ooh I like the Egyptian feel you got going on. Keep going! I like what I see.

kaitlyn
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by kaitlyn » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:05 am

@Keke - Thank you, dear! <33
Worked on her some more. ^^

I am loving her so much right now. xD I haven't been this excited about a doll in a while! Also, how does her hair look? Like... the shape of it. I figured it would be beneficial to give it more movement, considering she's a mermaid, so she'd be under water. *shrug* Some of the separated strands are a bit jagged at the moment - I'll edit those the next time I work on her.

Sorry about all my palettes cluttering it. :P

kaitlyn
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by kaitlyn » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:05 am

Double post, sorry. :]

Got a lot done tonight! I think I'm actually almost done with the doll herself. I just need to do her accessories/jewelry, and then her props. Well, and some more AAing, of course. Any opinions?

slightly-caustic
Celebrity
Celebrity
Dolling Style:Pixel
Avatar Base:http://pixel-glam.com/

Post by slightly-caustic » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Wow, I am sorry, I have been meaning to comment since the day you posted but I have been horribly busy. First off I really like her and I really like the concept.

The thing that stands out the most for me is that her hair looks windswept but not really like it is under water. I found this reference where she is underwater but her bangs are still staying down: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37831620@N ... 8781004153 hopefully that helps explain what I mean.

I also have noticed that there is a light source on her tail but not on the rest of the doll. I think adding a light source to her skin and to the top would help make it more consistent.

Hope that is helpful!
-If you are having trouble shortening my username, you can call me Cat-

ImageImage

Return to “Team Silver”