<rant>Rant Board</rant>

Chatter about anything and everything.

Re: <rant>Rant Board</rant>

Postby MelianAlcarime » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Pinstripe, I can identify with that 1000%. It affected me so much in the past that now I bottle it all in until I can't anymore and end up offloading on my fiancé (then apologize profusely for days).

Mini-rant: you know those pegs that you hang products on? Yeah, they don't belong in your eye. Tried to poke my eye out with one last friday and it's still sore.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MelianAlcarime
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 72.00
Dolling Style: Pixel

Postby Blackfyre » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Pin you're not overdramatic at all. You're like the most down to earth person ever lmao, but I know how you feel. I consistently do the same bottling of emotions/exploding routine with close friends and feel bad for unloading even when they tell me it's fine. Though recently it's been more of a bottle everything and then find myself sobbing over the stupidest minor thing but same difference I guess.

As for a small rant: my family has been picking fights with me lately and it sucks never feeling like I belong anywhere. Meh.
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥

Blackfyre
Director
Director

Diamonds on hand: 2,481.00
AKA: King of Leopard Print ♕
Formerly: Dead-By-Midnight

Postby Guitarlove » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:47 pm

For the past few days, it seems everything school related is coming all at once. I have a photography project to work on, which I am excited for and have finished processing one roll (it's a film based class), but it also requires me to ask a professor for help setting up some photos. I also have to register for classes, but luckily and unluckily, I can't until the 24th. Lastly, there's having to get a new computer online, as my current one that I've had for about seven years has been having lots of problems.
What I'm really worried about towards the end of this school semester is coming home to my parents. One thing I've alluded to over the years on here and on my dA and Tumblr is I grew up in a very conservative, Christian home. It's messed me up a lot (funnily enough that's what I'm basing my photography project on), one of the biggest being repressing the fact I'm gay. It took me until I was 21 to realize that last fall, and I do have an idea of coming out to my parents and church, namely a memoir I started writing in a nonfiction writing class this semester. I do enjoy writing it, but I'm not looking forward to the whole process of giving it to people to read. I feel like I can't just hide something like it, as it stresses me out more about hiding it than trying to tell them even it ends up they don't support me. I'd rather them know the truth about me than to keep acting like I'm straight.
Gah. Just lots of stress with school and parents (mostly my mom) not understanding how bringing up everything I have to do does not help. I can't tell you how many times I've tried telling her that reminding me to do things just makes things worse.
Guitarlove
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 738.00
AKA: Monochromatic Maniac

Postby Blackfyre » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:58 pm

I was promoted at work, which is really cool especially since I haven't worked at this store very long. (TL;DR my other retail job didn't pan out but I'm okay with that. I worked that store and this current one consecutively but now I'm able to put all my effort into this store). Anyway that sounds great right?
Except that the section I was given to lead had turned into total crap because the other supervisor (though I do love her lots) kind of just... stopped putting effort in ?? Plus she was transferred to another section so my section has been relatively unsupervised for an entire month. Sets weren't completed like they should have been and I have a lot to fix. Worse I was promoted right before a visit from our district manager and I'm not allowed to go in and fix anything because I'm on overnights for the next few days and already have set hours for that.
So anyway this is really just pushing me to train harder for my career so I can escape retail all together. I appreciate that they have faith in me and promoted me but I did warn them that I'm likely leaving at the end of this year anyway. Good luck finding another sup over holiday season /:
*sighs*
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥

Blackfyre
Director
Director

Diamonds on hand: 2,481.00
AKA: King of Leopard Print ♕
Formerly: Dead-By-Midnight

Postby QuinnKitty » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:24 pm

Finally when I am trying to get back into dolling what happens?
I get sick >_> I've been sick for basically the whole month[thus far]
of April D<

Idk what I am sick with tbh. But everyone has been sick with it. Including both my grandparents, dad and many workers at my aunt's job. o__o So apparently everyone has it, and it's extremely hard to get rid of.
Not the kind that makes you deathly ill, but more like, one minute you feel great and two seconds later you feel like garbage. It just lingers. I wanna get stuff done!

Plus, Now I finally have my ID[took me since i was 19 to get it] and I need to study for my GED exams[first one is science] and I have so much to study for and yet I have no energy for ANY of it. And I have to keep missing class because I am sick >__<

Can't I be like...better already??
I am back from my Hiatus.

Tumblr | Twitter | DeviantArt
QuinnKitty
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 27.00
Formerly: Mirella/Keyoko

Postby Pinstripe » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:57 pm

I'll be sending you good thoughts, Guitar! I didn't come out until my mid twenties, and I'm still not out to my extended family. You get to decide who you come out to and when, so take it at your own pace! No matter what, remember to be kind to yourself.<3
Dolls by AxxKat
dA//tumblr//etsy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pinstripe
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 954.00

Postby Guitarlove » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 am

Pinstripe wrote:I'll be sending you good thoughts, Guitar! I didn't come out until my mid twenties, and I'm still not out to my extended family. You get to decide who you come out to and when, so take it at your own pace! No matter what, remember to be kind to yourself.<3

Thanks for the good thoughts, I need it. There are two people I'm out to outside of college, my older sister and my brother-like fiend Trevor. I knew my sister would get it, since my parents and her argued about gay people sometimes. I was surprised how well Trevor took it, a very pleasant one. There are better and worse days of dealing with it. Yesterday my mom called and made some casual jokes about me having guys around, even though I've told her I'm not interested right now. :roll:
Guitarlove
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 738.00
AKA: Monochromatic Maniac

Postby MelianAlcarime » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:33 am

I understand how you feel. I used to feel that way when I was younger, but now I'm more sort of like "eh, unless I'm looking to date you, it's not really your business". But that being said, so few people actually understand that the way I feel is even physically possible that I just get called a liar. xD "Corrective rape" is much more common in people who are similar to myself.

This may be a case of having my cake and eating it too, but I have all these plans for AxxKat's contest, the robot challenge, and base race. I was fully on schedule to finish them all by their respective deadlines, but now a land opportunity has come up that is going to be consuming most of my time. :( Yay on the land opportunity, but I want to complete these things!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MelianAlcarime
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 72.00

Postby Phoenigette » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:35 am

MelianAlcarime wrote:This may be a case of having my cake and eating it too, but I have all these plans for AxxKat's contest, the robot challenge, and base race. I was fully on schedule to finish them all by their respective deadlines, but now a land opportunity has come up that is going to be consuming most of my time. :( Yay on the land opportunity, but I want to complete these things!

I'm kind of like this. It's frustrating because I go through waves of creativity. Currently I want to MAKE ALL THE THINGS! And have a zillion really great ideas of things I want to do. But I know that I'm going to swing back (and move into my new house) and return to a lower level of production soon. I want to make so much BOTW fanart but I just don't have time D:
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 15,266.00
AKA: Batty's Slave

Previous

Return to Tabloids