Cast Notes

Chatter about anything and everything.

Re: Cast Notes

Postby Keke » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:49 pm

I like the idea.It would organize things a little bit more. Easier to find bases we want. So I'm for it.
Keke
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 1,498.00
AKA: The Argyle Queen
Dolling Style: Tool

Postby mokia » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:03 pm

That sounds really useful. I rarely ever use bases from glam because it's hard to hunt them down. A bit of organization could be fantastic.
mokia
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 10,361.00
AKA: Nerdier Than Thou
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Postby Gwen » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:09 pm

Hey guys! There has been a sort of ghost-town around the shops lately, and a few people have mentioned it's slightly sad since our shops used to be booming! (I don't mention names cause I have no idea if people want to be named so rofl this was originally someone else's idea to ask)
So, I wanted to ask what makes people interested in a shop? What kinds of shops do you tend to shop from (doll shops, shops that make trinkets etc.). What do you think we can do to improve the shops on Glam? C:
(I don't know about the rest of you but I'm sort of excited to hear the answers to some of these ;D lol)
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥
Gwen
Director
Director

Diamonds on hand: 112.00
AKA: King of Leopard Print ♕
Dolling Style: Pixel
Formerly: Blackfyre

Postby Pinstripe » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:28 pm

I think the problem with shops is there's not much incentive to open one. I know I have more diamonds than I know what to do with, and without a lot of shops available to spend diamonds at, people don't really need to open their own to earn more. It's a vicious cycle, and I'm not really sure what would be a good way to jump start the Glam economy. :\

That said, as far as my shop preferences- I tend to prefer trinket shops to doll shops. I think it helps because I don't have to think as much about what I'm going to order. I like it when the shop owner offers a lot of options for customization. I've noticed in the past, a lot of the items for sale tend to be pretty girly (understandably, since most of the members here are female), so I like it when I can tailor the items more to my taste.
Dolls by AxxKat
dA//tumblr

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pinstripe
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 1,004.00

Postby LucyKitsch » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:19 am

I prefer doll shops, actually. Unless the trinkets are something that reallllly catches my eye... Something really neat that wouldn't be something I could easily have come up with myself, usually. And I really just like getting myself and my OCs dolled so... yeah.

I miss the shops... I haven't got many diamonds so I actually thought about opening a shop recently but... I just don't even know if people have enough diamonds to buy anything anymore so should I bother? And if I do get diamonds, are any other shops open? What am I going to do with them? LOL.
- Lauren
Usernames I've Used: LaurenDouglasArt / LucyKitsch / BalanceWithIntention / TransmogrifiedLimn / AndSheCameAlive / LuneLyoness / OfTheFreckledKind / LaBellaMadre / PocketfulOfLove / TheSketchingVeg / LestYeBecome / EvolveTransform / LaurenDouglasCreates / LaurenDouglasCreative*

My DeviantArt
Avatar by me, base is a GLAM exclusive.

My laptop is finally working after not having worked for months, AND I'm pregnant, so sorry if you haven't seen / still may not see much of me for a while! :)
LucyKitsch
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 540.00
Avatar Base: http://kar10sa.deviantart.com
Formerly: PocketfulOfLove

Previous

Return to Tabloids