E3, anyone?

Chatter about anything and everything.
aerieyena
Super star
Super star
Dolling Style: Pixel

E3, anyone?

Post by aerieyena » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:57 am

Is anyone else watching or keeping up to date with E3 announcements?

If you don't know of E3 it stands for Electronic Entertainment Expo and it's a trade show for video games.

There have been a lot of big announcements so far. I'm curious: what game(s) are you most excited for?

If you follow me on tumblr you probably already know that I'm losing my mind over The Last Guardian, but Fallout 4 was a great announcement too!
I own Atton Rand from KoTOR 2, Boy Blue from Fables, and Joker from Mass Effect. NO TOUCHY.
ImageImageImage
~ my request thread ~

Naminote
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Re: E3, anyone?

Post by Naminote » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:12 am

I play games but I haven't kept up to date with E3.

So far I'm enjoying Monster Hunter 4U so I hope localization for Monster Hunter X takes a year or more T_T
Monster Hunter X has been announced for Winter 2015 in Japan, so E3 wouldn't cover it as of yet.

But I did hear they brought back the tournament?
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage
deviantart[/align]

Shixam
Super star
Super star
AKA: Princess of Pink
Avatar Base: http://aerieyena.deviantart.com/

Post by Shixam » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:55 am

I've been meaning to keep up with E3, but haven't done well so far and have only gotten bits and pieces.

BUT ONE OF THEM WAS THE FINAL FANTASY 7 HD REMAKE F--- YEAH
My Charm Bracelet
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

Gwen
Producer
Producer
AKA: King of Leopard Print ♕
Formerly: Blackfyre

Post by Gwen » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:45 am

I know someone I know was freaking out about The Last Guardian and AC: Syndicate, but a lot of games haven't interested me lately. I hope they don't fuck up the FF7 reboot though considering a lot of the original people left a long time ago. I would like to see Reno in HD though. ;)
Supposedly (dunno how true this is) they're going to announce something about Skyrim II this year. I kinda hope they do.

Oh yeah and in one of the gameplay moments the player ended up running into a bad bug, it was kind of hilarious. That would have been my luck tbh.
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥

Shixam
Super star
Super star

Post by Shixam » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:10 pm

Okay, so first thing I did today was get online and go to CNET to catch up on everything so far.

1. AC: Syndicate: IS GOING TO BE F---ING AWESOME! Fun Fact: I predicted this game last year. Thank you, Ubisoft, for making my dream come true.

Though, I AM disappointed that the E3 cinematic trailer focused on Jacob, but I LOOOOOOVE Evie's trailer. Also, according to that start of that trailer, I predicted that she would be the older twin.

I am on Cloud Nine with this game, basically.

2. Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Again, BEAUTIFUL trailer for it, though the wording of the announcement in it makes me wonder if it'll be a straight remake or not. Everyone I know is super excited about it. Myself and two of my friends on Facebook all posted about it, and it sounds like everyone at E3 was STOKED for it.

Also, Gwen, TECHNICALLY, you can see an HD Reno in Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children. :)

3. Horizon: Zero Dawn: This games looks amazing and hella interesting. Also: Female protagonist FTW. I am soooooo happy I'm getting a PS4 in about a week now with all these games coming out for it. Horizon is seriously high up on my list now. I mean: It has a female protagonist AND robotic dinosaurs. What more do you need?

I also have to say I LOVE that it sounds like Sony focused on PS4 exclusives/exclusive content. I am soooooooo mad right now that the next Tomb Raider is an Xbox exclusive (so far, at least) because I JUST got into that series with the previous game. And it's been multi-platform for it's entire existence, so I'm really hoping the speculation I've read that it'll be released for the PS4 at a later date is true. Because it's BS that they're alienating other fans when I remember watching my dad play the original games on the Playstation.

I have nothing against Xbox as a console. They just have no exclusive games I would solely by an Xbox to play. All m favorite series have always been multi-platform, and my family has basically naturally followed the Playstation line: We got a PS1 as a family system when it came out, we got the fat PS2 as a family system, that then ended up in my brother's room with our old N64 in mine and we each had to ask each other to play each system because rooms, then the N64 left my room somehow and I got tired of having to ask to play the PS2, so I then I got my own for a birthday present because we all realized how unrealistic it was to continue the "Share one system in one sibling's bedroom" deal with my brother playing it so often and me having to ask to play it but he was always playing it anyway which meant I couldn't, and then I had the graduation money after high school to buy a PS3, and now between my first paycheck, housing refund, and college graduation money I have enough to buy a PS4 and am waiting to see if Target will have any of the special edition Batman ones left when they get their stock in with all the pre-orders. My brother opens in Electronics in Target on the release date and he told me to call at 8:05 and ask to put a hold on one and he'll see what he can do. Can't do it before the release date, though.

So yeah. Every game we've played has been on both Xbox and Playstation. As awesome as the first Tomb Raider game has been so far, I'm not sold on having to buy an Xbox JUST for that one game, when most likely they're gonna continue the trend of not having any games I'm interested in buying. It'd be a waste of my money.

So watching Sony focus on their own exclusive stuff felt REALLY. GOOD.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to sit and watch Nintendo's announcements today, but I'll definitely be looking up the recap later. I ESPECIALLY want info on the next Zelda game. I was talking with a co-worker about it a few days ago (We actually got called on it the next day. That day's Usher B was all, "So I heard you guys got into it about Zelda yesterday." "*laugh* Yeah. There was A LOT of Zelda talk." It was fun). We were talking about the speculation of the "Link" in last year's trailer being female and possibly being Zelda, and he told me that there's apparently talk going around of players actually being able to choose Link's gender in the next game. So I REALLY want to see if this confirmed at this year's E3.

And OF COURSE I am crossing m fingers for more Kingdom Hearts 3 info.
My Charm Bracelet

Gwen
Producer
Producer
AKA: King of Leopard Print ♕
Formerly: Blackfyre

Post by Gwen » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:58 pm

Shixam wrote: Also, Gwen, TECHNICALLY, you can see an HD Reno in Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children. :)
True, but there's never enough HD Reno for me. :o
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥

Shixam
Super star
Super star

Post by Shixam » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:21 pm

True that, true that. There's never enough Reno for anyone. I control him in a private rp with a friend and I swear that guy has hardwired himself somewhere in my brain as an official muse even though I didn't create him. I've just used him for so long now.

AND UGH I FEEL LIKE I'M SPAMMING THIS THREAD BUT I FOUND MY RECAPS

No new Zelda Wii U footage which is meh, but I guess there's a 3DS Zelda coming out this year? Which is cool, but I probably would have been more excited if I hadn't already been hyped up for Zelda Wii U.

The new Animal Crossing and Paper Mario games looks GREAT, though. I've been hoping for a new Paper Mario, and I think this Happy Home Designer Animal Crossing game will probably get more attention than the typical ones, from me at least. xD My neighbors must have moved away or hate me by now in New Leaf. I haven't touched it in so long. I should, though. I really, really should.

AND THERE'S NEW KINGDOM HEARTS 3 FOOTAGE

AND IT HAS ERAQUS AND XEHANORT.

AND I LOVE THE NEW STYLE FOR THE PS4

I NEED THIS GAME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
My Charm Bracelet

Krahka
Super star
Super star
AKA: Sahrot Kulaas Se Dov
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Post by Krahka » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:38 pm

Bioware seems to be unable to decide whether or not it wants to get back into my good books or to get out of my good-ish books. The new Mass Effect game is, if the trailer is any indication, entirely about being a space cowboy in space, which is definitely a great start to apologizing for ME3's ending, but the new Old Republic expansion looks like it's exactly the same as what I had been expecting this whole time, except it's the same without being a logical progression of what they've been building up to within in the game. Like okay, so we're fighting some kinda immortal god-emperor? Who is a different guy from this other immortal god-emperor? Are there seriously two of them? You were already pushing it with one, pals.

Also, apparently in Fallout 4, they actually recorded a bunch of "popular names" so that you can choose your own name and also have it show up in the voice acted bits. I know that I and also literally everyone else who picks up this game ever have plans for that. Now, did they go for names popular with real people, or names popular among gamers with immature senses of humor? Because I know what my first seven characters are going to be named.

That's pretty much it for series that I am into that have new stuff happening. I prefer to get my games after the hype's settled. If a game is good at release and isn't still good well after, then it wasn't a game worth getting anyway.

Return to “Tabloids”