Inspiration Anyone??

Call in for a little help!

Inspiration Anyone??

Postby ChewyMartinez » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:10 pm

So I have been working on another pixel project which will be another group shot of my 'characters' but on a bigger base than I've previously posted with more detail. Anyways, while working on this current project and having other projects in mind as I pixel, I find myself having an extreme amounts of issues with trying to "dress" my dolls. I've never been someone who wanted to pixel my dolls in the same outfits because one, I have a hard time pixeling the same things over and over. I find it never looks right. So instead, I am constantly finding new "outfits" for my dolls. However, most of my dolls' clothes are somewhat "dated" in a way so I'm constantly googling outfits and things for inspiration.

Here's my question; does anyone else have a similar problem? Or answer me this; how do you all find inspiration? Do you see it in your head? Does it just come to you? I mean I'm really curious to know how everyone else comes up with their pieces. Even if you don't have a character that you might pixel frequently, what gives you inspiration for your work in general?
ChewyMartinez
Extra
Extra

Diamonds on hand: 70.00
Dolling Style: Pixel

Re: Inspiration Anyone??

Postby Artzygrrl » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 am

Polyvore or Pinterest are great places to find inspiration. One keyword can get you hundreds of responses in fashion to look at. :)

Av Base
Image Image Image Image
- My Charm Bracelet -
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Artzygrrl
Editor
Editor

Diamonds on hand: 573.00
Dolling Style: Tool

Postby ChewyMartinez » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:53 pm

Artzygrrl wrote:Polyvore or Pinterest are great places to find inspiration. One keyword can get you hundreds of responses in fashion to look at. :)

Thank you Artzy! I haven't tried Polyvore or Pinterest and now that I know that, I'm definitely going to try!
ChewyMartinez
Extra
Extra

Diamonds on hand: 70.00

Postby Blu » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:31 am

I have the bad habit of sort of just making it up as a go, which can lead to both awesome outfits, but also disjointed outfits. xD If I do happen to plan the outfit ahead of time, it can be easier and make the actual dolling go faster, but then I also enjoy just making it up as I go. XD

I usually use google image search for finding inspiration and references. I've never been big on recreating an outfit I see in a picture; I always get bored with it fairly quickly. Honestly, though, I'm not really sure where my ideas for things come from. Most of my dolls are my characters, so I usually think about what I'd think they'd wear and work from there. When I'm not dolling my characters...I tend to have a harder time of it. :lol:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

we're all here

Blu
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 355.00
AKA: This says something different when you're not looking

Return to Phone Booth