Need help asap

Any work that is incomplete, and needs a little critique to improve!

Moderator: Phoenigette

Need help asap

Postby Captain.v2 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:56 pm

I need help.

Look at this nastiness. Can someone redline her left (our right) leg/thigh, her shoulders, and her arms. I have had multiple attempts but they're all so awful. I just want her to be anatomically correct, aside from her caricature-esque cartoony nature.
Captain.v2
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 120.00
Dolling Style: Pixel and Cell

Re: Need help asap

Postby Parker » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:46 am

This is my attempt. I wasn't sure as to what pose you wanted, so I simply tweaked some bits from your WIP like having one leg move slightly forward and the other backwards to add some movement. If you're having trouble with anatomy, you can try to break it into simpler shapes. I understand that some artists prefer to use stylised anatomy, but even then, you can, and should, use some kind of guidelines to make sure the anatomy of the figure is correct. I'm going to give you some links to tutorials that may help you not only with this drawing, but also with your future ones:

1) Proko's playlist on How to draw people. That video shows how to break the human torso on two ovals and how to draw the torso in different poses. There's a second video on how to add structure to the body using boxes, which will help you make it look 3D.

2) Sycra's Simplified Anatomy Model. I haven't watched this one yet, but this artist has a lot of tutorials covering anatomy and I've had this one video in my to watch list for quite some time. It may be useful. There's a follow up to this video, you can watch it here. Another, shorter, video you can watch, is his Figure Drawing Tips, covering very basic things including how to draw lines to add some movement to your poses. It also has a very funny ending.
Parker
Director
Director

Diamonds on hand: 2,299.00
Dolling Style: Tool

Postby Captain.v2 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:12 pm

THANK YOU. Haha, you'd think after all this time I'd eventually understand how to do this. I will give those videos a watch cuz I'm sure I'll need them in the future. Thank you, again. :)
Captain.v2
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 120.00
Dolling Style: Pixel and Cell

Postby MelianAlcarime » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:09 pm

I know this wasn't my thread, but thank you, Parker! I'm going to watch those as well, as I struggle hardcore with structuring the body.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MelianAlcarime
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 194.00
Dolling Style: Pixel

Return to Rehearsals