It lives!

Your first stop, tell a little about yourself, show what you can do!

Moderator: AxxKat

kaitlyn
Supporting Role
Supporting Role
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

It lives!

Post by kaitlyn » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:03 am

Well, hello there GLAMians! <3 As the username suggests, the name is Kaitlyn. :D

That out of the way, I have to say that I'm so happy to be on a dolling forum again! :wink: Remember that not-so-little ol' place called Eden Enchanted? That was my home in the dolling world, so once it shut down I kind of... disappeared, as far as dolling went. Especially since my dolling muse was at an all time low at that point anyway. (Just in case anyone else was on EE, my UN there was Kat_eyes.) I've tried to do a few pixel-related things here and there since then, but I haven't finished anything. So basically I haven't dolled since EE shut down. ANYWAY, a few days ago I randomly felt like going onto some old dolling sites of people I admired to just look at the old dolls. To be honest, I didn't even realize that people were still dolling these days! Terrible of me, I know, but I thought it was a dead art. :oops:

So after digging around a bit, I realized that quite a few people who were dollers when I dolled (and some who I was even friends with!) still dolled, and I suddenly had inspiration to doll again. :mrgreen: I went on a base-saving spree, but its been a busy week so I haven't had time to work on any dolls yet. :( I'll need a lot of oil on the hinges though. I have a feeling I'll be extremelyyyy rusty. :lol:

Blech, I'm rambling. Basically what I'm saying is that I'm resurfacing into the dolling world, and I'm immensely happy that I found GLAM!, because I've discovered that I need a community to be a part of. I need to make dolling friends again. :wink:

(As a side note, I've noticed a few of my old dolling friends [and sister(s)!] are here on GLAM!. :!: :!: :!:)

M'kay. I'll stop talking now. :D
Last edited by kaitlyn on Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FrizzKitty
Super star
Super star
Dolling Style: Pixel

Re: It lives!

Post by FrizzKitty » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:54 am

Hey there Kaitlyn, welcome to Glam!

As another doller who disappeared for a long time when their home forum died, I'm happy to tell you that Glam is a wonderful place to call home, especially if you're just coming back and definitely unsure about doing all of this again. It's a great time, and the people are wonderful. I suggest diving right in. =)

As far as being incredibly rusty goes, you might be surprised. Either way, check out the Rehersals section, where you can post dolls for people to cc and help you fix anything you're not happy with. Also, if you're into more one-on-one work, check out the Talent Agency, where you can get either a mentor, or someone to co-star with (you mentor each other).

But yeah, rambling is contagious. Welcome to Glam! I know you'll love it here.
Av by Ody. <3

kaitlyn
Supporting Role
Supporting Role
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Post by kaitlyn » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi, FrizzKitty! Thank you for the welcome! <3

I really like the feel of the site here, and I can't wait to be a real part of it. ^^ I finally have some time to myself tonight, so I plan on dolling all through the night. :wink: I'm so excited! I haven't been this anxious to doll in God knows how long. :)

I think having a mentor might be a good thing. I don't know. I'll have to wait and see how much my skills have deteriorated over the years. xD

Anyway, thank you again for the welcome! <3

IceMaiden
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by IceMaiden » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:43 pm

I don't know what else to say but welcome!
Can't wait to see your stuff. :3

Hatshepsut
Super star
Super star
AKA: Sexiest Pharaoh

Post by Hatshepsut » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:22 am

Elloo~ ^w^

You avatar is stunning. o_o

B-List Monster Movie
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by B-List Monster Movie » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:26 pm

I didn't outright think it was uncommon for people to not doll after their forum died, but goodness! I can't help being surprised every time I come across someone who hasn't dolled since Eden. I'm with you there!

And for some reason, if I didn't look into dolling for a long enough time, my brain just decided people weren't doing it anymore. What. I understand that thought process.

I'm still glad to see people come back after not dolling for a while. It makes me all sorts of inspired, what with me being in a similar place. Good luck with your future dolling endeavors! :'D
This is the first time on a dolling forum that I've reached 1oo posts in under a year. Successssss~

Return to “Auditions”