Hello!

Your first stop, tell a little about yourself, show what you can do!

Moderator: AxxKat

Edonil
Waiting Tables
Waiting Tables
Dolling Style: Tool
Avatar Base: http://www.watermelon-bubblegum.co.uk/

Hello!

Post by Edonil » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:34 pm

I'm mostly Edonil online, although I've been known to go by Pamela, too. I'm twenty-two years old, currently finishing up my last semester of university (studying Linguistics and Japanese Studies), and intend to become an ESL teacher in Japan some time in the next year. I've been dolling since I think 2004ish, and was a regular member of The Gathering. I mostly tool, although I've been known to break out the pixels on occasion. I also have a website, and can be found on various sites like DA under the name Edonil.

Looking forward to hearing from everybody and looking at / making dolls!
--Edonil

Keke
Producer
Producer
AKA: The Argyle Queen

Re: Hello!

Post by Keke » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Welcome to GLAM! We're very happy to have you here. And teaching Japanese sounds like fun. I've kind of a always wanted to learn it...and pretty much any other language but I have yet to do any of that. I do know a few words here and there in other languages but that's about it. Anyway, I'm excited to see your dolls and to see another tool shader around here. ;D If you have any questions feel free to contact any of the staff we're happy to help.

B-List Monster Movie
Supporting Role
Supporting Role
Dolling Style: Pixel

Post by B-List Monster Movie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Okayso, I'm going to be looking around your site, and I've only just now pulled it up, but ohygoodness.
Dice. I love the d20 header icons there. But, I'm biased. I just really love dice...

So, I also noticed you played D&D. What edition?
I've recently joined a campaign for the first time, and we're running Pathfinder, but I've taken an interest to learning more about the various editions since one of my dad's friends as been GMing since the days when the little D&D book came in a zip-lock bag.

Also. Linguistics. I still kinda wish I was studying Linguistics. It's fascinating stuff.

Welcome to Glam!
This is the first time on a dolling forum that I've reached 1oo posts in under a year. Successssss~

Edonil
Waiting Tables
Waiting Tables
Avatar Base: http://www.watermelon-bubblegum.co.uk/

Post by Edonil » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Thanks for the welcomes!

I mostly play 3.5 edition for D&D, and I also DM a d20 Modern campaign. I've also played some other games (Werewolf the Apocalypse, Deathwatch, Star Wars Saga, probably others...) Never Pathfinder, although I've heard good things about it. How are you finding it?
--Edonil

Daenerys
Super star
Super star
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Post by Daenerys » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:41 am

*smiles* hi Edonil! Good to see you here!
Image Image
Five and Dae :: PixiStar Base Search :: The Sims Random Stories :: Daenelia's Ramblings
:: To hear with eyes belongs to love's fine wit ::

B-List Monster Movie
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by B-List Monster Movie » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:37 pm

That sounds pretty awesome.
I know through the group that they run more games, and I'm really interested in getting into them. I don't know if I could run a game, though. Haha.

I'm coming from table-top games, so it's a pretty knew experience, but I'm liking it pretty well. I had a hard time wrapping my mind around it the first time I was filling out my character sheet, but my DM was patient with me. I find that now, after my first character died, filling out a second character sheet was a breeze, and a lot of things made sense.
I don't know much about comparing it to other games, but I think it was good to start off with. Fairly intuitive, not too may rules to hold up game play, and I like combat.
And our DM had a pretty easy time adapting all the rules to his own world, which is also pretty fun.
We have one guy who came from another group running 4.0, and I know he finds it a lot easier.
But he's banned from talking about it at the table, because apparently no one cared for 4.0.
This is the first time on a dolling forum that I've reached 1oo posts in under a year. Successssss~

Naomi
Super star
Super star

Post by Naomi » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:24 pm

I knew I recognised the name, and went to your site expecting to see a couple of dolls I recognised and have a fun nostalgia moment, but I didn't expect...I got to the tutorials and it was just
this is where I learned to doll

B-List Monster Movie
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by B-List Monster Movie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Naomi wrote:I knew I recognised the name, and went to your site expecting to see a couple of dolls I recognised and have a fun nostalgia moment, but I didn't expect...I got to the tutorials and it was just
this is where I learned to doll
Wwwow.
That is so awesome!

jme90x
Stand-in
Stand-in

Post by jme90x » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:38 am

I am so thrilled I took the time to read this thread --- I'm looking for tuts and stuff because I'm SO new to pixel art. I'm gonna go to your site and see if it can jumpstart my skills -- if any...

Thank you for joining here -- I'm excited now!

Return to “Auditions”