Main Characters

Any pixel or tooled characters, made on a base or without.

Main Characters

Postby ChewyMartinez » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:00 am

So many of you probably know back in the day, we had characters we loved to doll the most out of any other dolls. I decided when coming back into the dolling community and getting back into dolling I would start easy with what I knew and so far I've been sticking to my main characters. Bases by Zipple

Here are them as a group. (This is not including my historical/fantasy characters)
(Left to right, standing: Mae, Sway, Kalhid, Thea. Left to right, sitting: Greta, Tia and Lulu)

Here they are individually so everyone can see their outfits completely
(left to right: Sway, Mae, Tia, Lulu, Kalhid, Thea and Greta)
ChewyMartinez
Waiting Tables
Waiting Tables

Diamonds on hand: 57.00
Dolling Style: Pixel

Re: Main Characters

Postby Elaitea » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:04 pm

This is a wonderful way to get back into dolling! I like how all the characters have different facial expressions. It adds a lot of personality to them :) All the little details are lovely as well!
Elaitea
Stand-in
Stand-in

Diamonds on hand: 1,650.00

Postby MelianAlcarime » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:02 am

Yay! Keeping the tradition alive! *high five* Are you finding it's more difficult now to doll them in clothes like they were way back when, now that RL fashions have moved on? Though Lulu's my fav. Those cute little chucks!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MelianAlcarime
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 55.00

Postby ChewyMartinez » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Elaitea wrote:This is a wonderful way to get back into dolling! I like how all the characters have different facial expressions. It adds a lot of personality to them :) All the little details are lovely as well!

Thank you! I've always felt like giving them all the same facial expressions is pointless. You look at people and they all have general expressions so I try to transfer that into my dolls. :D And thank you!

MelianAlcarime wrote:Yay! Keeping the tradition alive! *high five* Are you finding it's more difficult now to doll them in clothes like they were way back when, now that RL fashions have moved on? Though Lulu's my fav. Those cute little chucks!

*high five* I'm a sucker for tradition and I had so much fun dolling characters that I've created. It is actually pretty difficult to doll them in clothes from back then. Except Sway, Mae and Tia. Their clothing are pretty neutral and simple. Lulu's isn't too hard because it's all old school punk stuff which is pretty simple, in my opinion. I think Thea and Kalhid's is the hardest. Especially because their styles range from like straight up old school goth to cyber punk and that's not as easy to find. Greta's isn't too hard because she's just always in black. What's difficult for her is finding things to make her outfits not look so simple as they are.

I've actually thought about revamping all of them just to see what they *would* look like now. I wonder if I should. :shock:
ChewyMartinez
Waiting Tables
Waiting Tables

Postby MelianAlcarime » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:35 pm

I've been working on putting together all the information I can on clothing from 1998-2004, because those years are featured heavily in my work. I've even been buying catalogs on ebay. >.> Once I have something cohesive, I'll post it online as a reference source. Because you'r absolutely right. It's very hard to find reference material for clothing from that time.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MelianAlcarime
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 55.00

Postby ChewyMartinez » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:07 pm

MelianAlcarime wrote:I've been working on putting together all the information I can on clothing from 1998-2004, because those years are featured heavily in my work. I've even been buying catalogs on ebay. >.> Once I have something cohesive, I'll post it online as a reference source. Because you'r absolutely right. It's very hard to find reference material for clothing from that time.

:o :o <3 <3

You m'dear are a godsend! That would absolutely stunning! Usually what I do is use my phone or use chrome and google stuff but... the problem is, the same stuff comes up every time. I've tried looking in different articles and stuff but because times are different, the clothes are different. Companies stop making certain types/styles of clothing and what not on top of that so they don't just keep it around for people to look at so yes, it's totally hard and that would help me out amazingly!

But you did give me the idea to do a more "updated" look on them and once I'm done my current group project of them (using the GLAM exclusive bases) I definitely want to see what they *would* look like if they had grown out of their styles of choice seeing that generally everyone's style tends to change with time.
ChewyMartinez
Waiting Tables
Waiting Tables

Return to Dolls