MMP Round 1: Princess Bubble Gum

Any pixel or tooled characters, made on a base or without.

MMP Round 1: Princess Bubble Gum

Postby Shixam » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:53 pm

I THINK SHE'S FINALLY DONE!

Fullbody Base | Portrait Base

Surprisingly the big hold-up was the text.

So, if you haven't peeked in my Rehearsals thread, my entry for the Murder Mystery Pageant is Princess Bubble Gum. Her name was 100% inspired by the Adventure Time character. That's also where I got the idea for my masquerade theme: Candy! Hence candy stripes and pearl sprinkles on her dress.

I really wanted to try really hard to get the "princess" part to come through in her dress. I tried looking at past entries for inspiration, and then I realized that neither of the two past "Princess ________" entries actually LOOKED like princesses, so getting that right was really important to me.

The text...dangit, I need to stop looking at it because I'm questioning it now. I used a font called Secesja that Artzy suggested, and I tried making some of the little baubles into pearls. But I also decided to keep them flat since the rest of the font was flat. And now I'm second guessing the whole thing.

But all elements are basically done, so I thought I'd officially post it for C/C here in the dolls section. I think Rehearsals has gone as far as it can go for Round 1.

So, since there's still time before the deadline, I'm going to let it sit here and collect more C/C and hope I have time to implement it before the 2nd.
Last edited by Shixam on Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Charm Bracelet
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shixam
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 14,837.00
AKA: Princess of Pink
Dolling Style: Pixel
Avatar Base: http://aerieyena.deviantart.com/

Re: MMP Round 1: Princess Bubble Gum

Postby 4br4 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:43 am

I think the link is broken, I cannot see it ;o; However, I have seen the entry on dA and she is gorgeous, I love the palette you used, and I think you definitely pulled the princess bit into her outfit. B) Looks great!!
4br4
Gaffer
Gaffer

Diamonds on hand: 9,524.00
Formerly: Sweet Raspberry Tea

Postby Shixam » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:20 pm

Thanks, Ruby!

I don't know why it wasn't working, because it showed up fine for me. But at the moment I'm thinking that maybe it was because I used the Sta.sh image link, and then submited the same Sta.sh file on dA. So I replaced the Sta.sh link with the Deviation link, and hopefully it shows up now.

My Charm Bracelet
Shixam
Super star
Super star

Postby Artzygrrl » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:04 pm

I like her!! And, I think the idea to make pearls in the text was a really cute idea. It translates well IMO. Great luck in the pageant!
Artzygrrl
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 2,411.00
Dolling Style: Tool

Postby Pyrochan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:32 pm

Fab to see her finished! She's certainly bubble gummy! And I like how she's nothing like the Adventure Time design while paying a few nods to it at the same time. The skirt came out really well. Keep being ambitious!
Pyrochan
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 251.00
Dolling Style: Tool

Postby Shixam » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:35 pm

Thanks, everyone! I was actually starting to get super worried about the readability of the text, but from all the comments I've seen I think I'm just the only one overthinking that aspect too much. So it's time to send her in! \o/

My Charm Bracelet
Shixam
Super star
Super star

Return to Dolls