Sugar Skulls and Orange Roses

Any pixel or tooled characters, made on a base or without.

Sugar Skulls and Orange Roses

Postby ~Sam » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:07 pm

Both are baseless.

I looooove the Murder Mystery Pageant. I just graduated from college, so I have a tiny bit of time before I have to log back in to the real world. So that means that I actually have time to doll!! This doesn't happen often. When I saw that MMP was running and I had just barely found it before the Jan 2 deadline, I knew it was something... fate, destiny...

So the first round is a masquerade. I immediately wanted to do Dia de los Muertos so that I could do the sugar skull as a mask. The most trying part of the whole process was probably finding a color. I wanted something strong, with a Spanish-sounding name. Tuatara is pretty much black, sounds Spanish, and is actually a type of iguana, so win-win-win.

I still have a few days to work out any kinks, so please let me know if you have any C/C!
Sam is not amused.
DA
~Sam
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 15,317.00
AKA: A Boondoggle Keychain
Dolling Style: Pixel

Re: Sugar Skulls and Orange Roses

Postby Gwen » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:12 am

This is absolutely lovely <3 I love the theme and her cute face, and those roses on her dress are beautiful. Great job!!
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥
Gwen
Director
Director

Diamonds on hand: 106.00
AKA: King of Leopard Print ♕
Formerly: Blackfyre

Postby Pyrochan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:31 pm

1) This is stunning

2) you reminded me just in time I'm away for the 2nd and I had to complete this tonight!

3) This is stunning. I love the design and the mask is so different from the expected masquerade half mask. I love the balance of the two beside one another they fit the composition well and don't seem like two entirely separate pieces. I also love how the flower trim is so detailed, such a nice choice paired with a simple design of dress. The portrait especially is so full of sharp little details just hinted at on the full body. the only thing I feel is a little visually jarring (not too much though) is the red wine because you've used that shade of red nowhere else it seems out of place, but it's also held out from her body so it's not that obvious I'm just being super nitpicky as is my MO. Nice work!
Pyrochan
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 251.00
Dolling Style: Tool

Postby Shixam » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:55 pm

UGH! I loooooove your sugar skull mask! It's beautiful!

Though, I saw your entry on the site today (and I hope you have time to see this before the deadline), it seems like the version you posted here and the version sent to the site is different. The entry on the site as a typo where "Senorita" is spelled "Seniorita", I think? But the extra "i" doesn't appear on this version of your entry.

My Charm Bracelet
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shixam
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 14,837.00
AKA: Princess of Pink
Avatar Base: http://aerieyena.deviantart.com/

Postby ~Sam » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:55 am

Oh dear hahaha I'll get right on that. I caught it right after I did that but must have sent in the wrong version
Sam is not amused.
DA
~Sam
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 15,317.00
AKA: A Boondoggle Keychain

Return to Dolls