Goblin King

Any pixel or tooled characters, made on a base or without.

Goblin King

Postby Ashuri » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:03 pm

with the passing of David Bowie, my childhood took a big hit to the feels. Labyrinth is and always will be one of my favorite movies and so I decided to doll the Goblin King.
his coat started off very sketchy and i opted for not covering the whole thing in sequins lol i like how his boots came out and i am quite proud of that mask lol it and the crystal ball where last minute add ons. i redid his face from when i started because i didnt like it but now i think it looks much better and like David Bowie a bit. i was actually worried about his hair but it didnt fight me at all, and i almost didnt add the blue streaks but it came out really cool.

baseless, referenced from Faestock
~Ashuri Kasandora Tsuyoi~
~sig doll by Porcelian-Doll~
ImageImage
Ashuri
Editor
Editor

Diamonds on hand: 3,620.00
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel
Avatar Base: phoenix1784.deviantart.com

Re: Goblin King

Postby Gwen » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:43 pm

This is beautiful <3 I love David Bowie and I was so terribly sad to see he'd passed away (though we all know he really just went back to space, that's what star men do).
This is a great tribute. I love it.
ImageImageImage
♂ & ♏
Tumblr || Steam || Pinterest || Deviantart
Dolling siblings are forever xCassx and H|F ♥
Gwen
Director
Director

Diamonds on hand: 126.00
AKA: King of Leopard Print ♕
Dolling Style: Pixel
Formerly: Blackfyre

Postby Captain.v2 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:41 pm

This is very sweet and impressive. The Goblin King lives on! :)
Captain.v2
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 120.00
Dolling Style: Pixel and Cell

Postby Mogget » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:25 pm

nicely done, a fitting tribute for sure
Mogget
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 19,517.00

Postby Phoenigette » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Ahh, tribute art when it's needed most. You definitely captured the spirit, and the pose is also fantastic. I don't know what you're talking about though, a whole coat covered in sequins would be FANTASTIC. They could use a little more variation, however. Currently there's a lot of uniformity on which sequins are bright and which sequins are dark, with the end result that the sequined portions have less dimension than the regular cloth, which isn't really how sequins work in real life. The ones on the shoulders in particular should be brighter than the ones at the back of the collar or sides of the arms. It is a great tribute though, and the hair turned out fantastic.
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 17,282.00
AKA: Batty's Slave

Postby Matdredalia » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:52 am

As an enormous Bowie freak, I have to say I am absolutely impressed. I've been dabbling at pixeling something in tribute but honestly, he's not easy to pixel. XD

Which is why I am very, very impressed. You did a beautiful job of not only capturing Bowie but all of Jareth's magnificence and splendor, as well. And the HAIR, oh my GOD, the HAIR. You did an absolutely phenomenal job. <3 Thank you for sharing with us. <3
Matdredalia
Waiting Tables
Waiting Tables

Diamonds on hand: 53.00

Postby Ashuri » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:17 pm

Thank you all for your comments! I am glad you like it! <3

Phoenigette wrote:Ahh, tribute art when it's needed most. You definitely captured the spirit, and the pose is also fantastic. I don't know what you're talking about though, a whole coat covered in sequins would be FANTASTIC. They could use a little more variation, however. Currently there's a lot of uniformity on which sequins are bright and which sequins are dark, with the end result that the sequined portions have less dimension than the regular cloth, which isn't really how sequins work in real life. The ones on the shoulders in particular should be brighter than the ones at the back of the collar or sides of the arms. It is a great tribute though, and the hair turned out fantastic.

Aw I see :) Thank you! I will have to remember this for the next time I do sequins.

Matdredalia wrote:As an enormous Bowie freak, I have to say I am absolutely impressed. I've been dabbling at pixeling something in tribute but honestly, he's not easy to pixel. XD

Which is why I am very, very impressed. You did a beautiful job of not only capturing Bowie but all of Jareth's magnificence and splendor, as well. And the HAIR, oh my GOD, the HAIR. You did an absolutely phenomenal job. <3 Thank you for sharing with us. <3

Thank you so much! :) He is definitely not easy to pixel, but his hair surprisingly was not difficult XD
~Ashuri Kasandora Tsuyoi~
~sig doll by Porcelian-Doll~
ImageImage
Ashuri
Editor
Editor

Diamonds on hand: 3,620.00
Avatar Base: phoenix1784.deviantart.com

Return to Dolls