CC please :] :::Edited:::

Only members on Team Two can view and post here!
Nyx
Super star
Super star
AKA: .Your Favorite Worst Nightmare.
Dolling Style: Pixel
Formerly: DarkPhoenix

CC please :] :::Edited:::

Post by Nyx » Thu May 07, 2009 11:58 am

[align=left]
Original:- Image
Base: www.pinkland.net

Re dolled - Image
My Base/Baseless

Ok I've changed it quite a bit from the original, but I tried to keep the color scheme the same. so Heavy CC please, especially on her arm, also that's supposed to be a little umbrella shes holding on the string. can you tell? should I make it bigger?
I also need a little help with her braid, it needs to have a darker blue strand. i just wasn't sure how to do it. :/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW

any more CC?
Thanks in advance!

[/align]
Last edited by Nyx on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage
*Click Image to Visit Maker*

grafiketgrafok
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by grafiketgrafok » Thu May 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Yeah! Good work on the outfit!!! It would be nice to add a darker tone on the braid... to make it more readable, but still I totally can see it's a braid! :) I just love your idea of the mini umbrella! That's excellent! Perfect size to me! And I really like all the details! Really cool redoll!
Céline
Image Image - MY DEVIANTART
ImageImageImageImage
base - base AV
[url=http://http:a//nimbo.net/quiz/houses.html]Image[/url]

Hollay
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend
Dolling Style: Pixel and Cell
Avatar Base: Immaculate Conception

Post by Hollay » Thu May 07, 2009 3:12 pm

Wow, that looks awesome. The color scheme is spot on. Even though you've mixed around the entire wardrobe, it still looks like a reflection of the first doll. Maybe even just an adult version of the little girl. I like that you kept the main focuses of the doll, what with her braid, the hand position, the lip shape..But I also like how you added your own twists like pants instead of a skirt, really tall and thin frame, the slanted eyes, the makeup.. the wrap-skirt. Everything is really coherent and eye-catching. :)

The only CC I can really give is that her arm (the one to our right that's holding the umbrella) is a little too.. rubbery. I think it's the part just next to the elbow that curves outwards so much that is a little confusing. Other than that, I can't CC at all, I think everything looks really stunning. :)

Nyx
Super star
Super star

Post by Nyx » Thu May 07, 2009 5:17 pm

grafiketgrafok: Thank you, :] *nods* yeah it needs a darker shade of turquoise to make the braid look well like a braid. XD

Hollay: :) Thanks you, I suck at arms XD I knew it looked funky, but I wasn't sure how to go about fixing it, so now that I get it I'll put her back in paint and mess around with her arm.
Thanks a bunch girls for the CC! <3

Lucifer
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by Lucifer » Thu May 07, 2009 5:27 pm

Wow, I love how your remake managed to look so smilar to the original doll despite being completely different.

When I'm trying to draw/pixel a braid, usually I end up resorting to using string and plaiting it to see where each section of hair will fall in the plait. If you happen to have 2/3 different coloured pieces of string you could try making a braid with that and seeing where each of the colours fall to work out where to put the darker blue strand on your doll.
Av Base by Hollay ^_^

Lazzi
Super star
Super star

Post by Lazzi » Fri May 08, 2009 1:17 am

Love the design of the outfit - very original and funky . . . especially the boots, as they really fit in with the more mature feel of the doll.

If you're already tweaking the arm, I'm wondering if you couldn't extend tweaks to her left hand as well (doll's left hand, our right as we look at her). I feel the extended fingers look a bit unnatural, I think all you would have to do is pinch together her thumb and forefinger (or thumb and middle finger), so it looks like she's dangling the umbrella from her fingertips. (Or maybe you could keep the fingers extended and turn her hand around so it's palm up instead of palm down.)

Speaking of the umbrella: awesome idea! I like how you're using that particular element from the original doll, but in a really cool and different way. I think you could get away with the umbrella at the size it is, but I think you could also make it more unmistakeably umbrella-y if you made it just a biiiiiiiiiiiiit bigger. Also, try making the handle (i.e. the part between the umbrella brim and the hook at the end) a little longer . . . most umbrellas are a bit lengthier.

Cheese and crackers, I love the way you shade. :mrgreen: <--- (green with envy!)

Av by FilthyGorguz, MIA :( || Awesotastic sig by Isobel
My DA account || The Limelight Cafe

Nyx
Super star
Super star

Post by Nyx » Sat May 09, 2009 8:45 am

:D thanks for the CC!
Added a edited version.

Blu
Super star
Super star
AKA: This says something different when you're not looking
Avatar Base: https://www.deviantart.com/loulabeiie

Post by Blu » Sat May 09, 2009 10:38 am

Holy spork, giant umbrella! XD I think it would look great if you just made the small umbrella a pixel or two larger, as well as making the handle a bit longer (one, two pixels extra after making it bigger) than it is now. The large umbrella is cool, but I love the concept of the small one.

I think her arm still needs to be a bit more straight, and define her wrist a bit more - instead of her arm curving, have her wrist bent.

I really love it, though! :D Maybe you could add something simple like a buckle to the boots, too. They look a little bare, but I'm not sure if adding something would make the doll too crowded. Lovely shading, btw. And I love your interpretation of the original doll!

Nyx
Super star
Super star

Post by Nyx » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:18 pm

any more CC? :D

Lazzi