Chatness!

Only members on Team Two can view and post here!
Hollay
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend
Dolling Style: Pixel and Cell
Avatar Base: Immaculate Conception

Chatness!

Post by Hollay » Thu May 07, 2009 7:28 pm

So, are you happy with the doll you got? Which -did- you choose? Is it going to be a stretch for you to doll their designs or are they close to your style already?

The one I got was a little bit shocking at first, since it was something I don't usually do. It was almost witchy and somewhat victorian.. and it had this big ol' mirror that scared the hell out of me. D: But, I found that it was actually pretty easy to mess with the design and make it something my own that still resembled the original! :D I'm pretty happy with this little event, and I'm so excited to see more WIPs from you gals.

Kitsune
Super star
Super star
AKA: Legen...wait for it...dary!
Dolling Style: Pixel

Post by Kitsune » Thu May 07, 2009 7:47 pm

I haven't actually started on mine yet, I'm in the process of picking between the dolls, I was able to quickly disregard one of them, but the other three are awesome and I'm not sure which to do. I actually quite like the gal I got, so I want to make sure I present her with a really awesome doll, so I'll probably be driving you guys crazy asking for CC lol.

I am thinking at this point, I may take the AV she provided and make a full body doll out of it. I'm looking forward to seeing more work from you guys!
Like my sig? Get one at my shop!

AV by Kali_Sedai/Sig base site down.

Everybodys.Fangirl
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by Everybodys.Fangirl » Thu May 07, 2009 8:25 pm

I chose the doll that was kept getting my attention and wouldn't let me go. I've got the base, including the animal one, but some editing has to be done. That's about the point where I'm at. I wish my head wouldn't keep changing my idea. That's about the only problem I'm having at the moment. I'm really excited about this project though. Good luck to everyone.
ImageImage

-Avatar and Tablet made by FG <3-Harlot made by the lovely Juno!-
-Sig Base-Avatar Base-My DeviantART-
Anoki is mine. End of story.

Squeezil
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by Squeezil » Thu May 07, 2009 8:27 pm

I'm pretty happy with it as well. It took me all of five seconds to pick my doll, and the best part was that she provided two extra versions of it that we could potentially use too so I'm using one of those.

It's not technically the sort of thing I usually doll, but at the same time I have so many ideas of what I can do with it, this is going to be fun, especially since this is my first redoll contest ever. :D

Damnliza
Super star
Super star
AKA: The Crazy Cat Lady

Post by Damnliza » Thu May 07, 2009 8:40 pm

Omg, I loooved this event ! I'm very excited..
Imediatly when I got the PM, I choosed the doll I had to redoll :P She's somewhat sexy, and I had thought of doing something in that style before, but I never did. ''Here's the change'', this doll screamed at my face :) lol..

Well, I too think everybody's doing a good job on this, lot's of people with really creative cc :mrgreen: I smile whenever I see another ''WIP'' topic :D
.. ~ <3 ~ ..
Cute doll by Pinstripe!
Visit my DeviantArt

lishylou
Extra
Extra

Post by lishylou » Thu May 07, 2009 9:19 pm

I had such a hard time choosing that I might have to do another when I finish....

This is such a great event, my muse often disappears on me, but this brought him back.

Adelle
Celebrity
Celebrity
AKA: Insid

Post by Adelle » Thu May 07, 2009 9:25 pm

I'm quite pleased with who i got. She literally asked for the bases to be of a curvy nature. Anyone who has seen the women I draw/pixel will know that I'm rather fond of exaggerated curvaceousness. XD;;;

Choosing which doll i wanted to redoll was easy. I don't do a lot of dresses, and definitely not dresses with patterns, so I figured I'd challenge myself a bit.

I just got started on drawing up a base, so.. I'll post a wip thread when I have some clean lines. ;D
{ not really here }

Helyn
Super star
Super star
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel
Avatar Base: http://pyrochan-dolls.deviantart.com/

Post by Helyn » Thu May 07, 2009 9:40 pm

I was a bit blah with my options but then I chose the base and it all seems to be falling into place nicely. I haven't finished the lineart yet but I'll post it anyway when I get home since I quite pleased with it.

Actually, choosing the base was a bit hard. I wanted a full-body that didn't have a forward-facing head for hair idea that I had. I went with Monica's huge base.

Now I have to decide whether or not to tool- or pixel-shade...
Sig bases by Wayuki

DA account : Blog : Shelfari

JonOfTheDead
Super star
Super star

Post by JonOfTheDead » Fri May 08, 2009 12:17 am

im really excited about this even....but....i wasnt sure about my choices at first....its SO not my usual style, so its kinda hard. at least for me....the ones of seen of yous guys so far is amazing...i love them all...just hope i can pull mine off..lol
ImageImageImage
icecream by SnuffyBucket /made for me by Filthy Gorguz base/Gambit av made for me by Odyav base
GAMBIT IS LOVE!!!!!

MeganClare
Super star
Super star
AKA: I'm a dirty dog!

Post by MeganClare » Fri May 08, 2009 8:04 am

I'm really looking forward to making my doll, I think I'll make it this weekend :) I got Pixelbug as my redoll person, and I think I'll redoll her Harajuko one hehe, it's cute with funny makeup. Not sure what base I'm going to use yet. I'm in the middle of two other dolls though *gulp* so it might be a bit of a challenge for me!!

Polly Juice
Celebrity
Celebrity
AKA: Media Magician
Avatar Base: http://www.pixel-glam.com/

Post by Polly Juice » Fri May 08, 2009 12:33 pm

I got so excited about this that I jumped right at it, picked out 3 out of the 5 dolls provided and wen to work. I'm done with two of them, but I'll probably ask for serious CC, because I'm terrified that I might have messed up some details since I was working so quickly. I sometimes do that, and afterwards I hear people say "uhm, are you aware that your doll seem to have lights coming at her from two directions at the same time?" or "nice tool shading, but considering the fact that the base itself is pixel-shaded..."

I've chosen bases that the original doller asked for, but what is also at the same time completely different from the base of the original doll. Especially in once case, where a tall, pretty doll is going to be turned into a chibi! :twisted:

I've also gone all out with two new techniques this time, well, when I say new, I mean they're new to me, I've never got the hang of Burn/Dodge and Smudge before - I've always used Lighten/Darken and Blur. It's fun to see the difference in effects these tools have.

As for changes, well, the first was rather easy; I changed the color of the clothes, both top and bottom, I changed the hair color and the make up, and I exchanged the ground that the doll was standing on for concrete bricks. At least that's what they're supposed to be. :wink:

The second was a bit trickier. Here I got to play around with the Pen Tool to make flowing curves of the dress, and I went a little crazy and changed the skin colour to a more zombie-sepia tone. I changed the facial features and gave the doll web 2.0-inspired glossy yellow eyes, like a predator. I imitated the hair and the cap rather as-is, only ofcourse the cap got a few changes as to shading and... details. The shoes got a new colour as well as the dress. I'm super-satisfied with how the shading on the top turned out, but the sleeves might need some more work. Again, I'll be pleading for CC later.

The third one will have to wait until tomorrow, when I have a fresh head. It's very sweet and pretty as it is, but I've got a few ideas for how to change the color of the top and perhaps exchange the skirt for a more... modern approach. Props will be changed, and unless I get truly inspired and can imitate that gorgeous hairdo, then the hair's probably gonna be re-styled, too.

Ehm... just how much artistic freedom do you all figure we have, here?

I mean, the doll is supposed to look pretty much the same, but with a few details changed, right? Only with a different base, different color hair and clothes and different props, well, my versions don't look TOO close to the original, if you get me.

How do you do it?

Helyn
Super star
Super star

Post by Helyn » Fri May 08, 2009 7:03 pm

I really don't know about how much artistic freedom we can have. I mean, I've chosen a nice enough doll to redoll but when I'm actually working on it it's just...not me...
I just can't make it close to the original. I have to add bits of me into it like layered clothes and the like. And I think really, that's what we're meant to get out of this - try something new but give it a bit of a spin, a bit of your flavour. It is a nice little challenge :)

I think in keeping with the original, you need to identify key aspects of the doll. Say, the colour scheme, the personality, the corset etc. and incorporate those into the doll with your additions.
Sig bases by Wayuki

Serawr!
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Serawr! » Sat May 09, 2009 9:19 am

I was mainly happy with the options I got (I got GloomyCherub) and so I went for one based on a kite. So far I'm happy with what I have done; except I fail at curly hair so shes bald atm; and she seems sortof bland. Im terrible at adding details. So a WIP'll be up soon I bet.

I really like this though. I joined Glam! When Secret Santa was JUST ending so, Im glad I got into this. Its really creative. <3
[align=center]
AvBase \ SigBase / Sig Creator / EggMaker
[/align]

Lucifer
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by Lucifer » Sat May 09, 2009 9:43 am

I'm veeery happy with the person I got. They're one of my favourite dollers and I loved all my options but it didn't take too long to pick one.
The doll I chose has rather more detail than I usually put into my own dolls (though I do love little details and wish I was good at including them ^_^) but it's still a lot of fun to make. I'm just sad I can't make it as amazing as the original XD
Av Base by Hollay ^_^

Nharxane
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by Nharxane » Sun May 10, 2009 1:29 pm

I am more then happy with who I got. She is one of my favorite dollers here on Glam! I was so excited and it took me forever to choose. I started my doll already. The original is steampunk so I will keep with the theme but I am having fun editing the outfit design. I plan to keep the same color scheme but change the clothes and some accessories.
[align=center]
Av Base
[/align]

Blu
Super star
Super star
AKA: This says something different when you're not looking
Avatar Base: https://www.deviantart.com/loulabeiie

Post by Blu » Sun May 10, 2009 1:37 pm

I signed up for this before I really thought about it, and I'm on a rather strict schedule. :? I have finals going on right now, plus some AP tests, and then I'm traveling out of country for two weeks. So I'm trying really hard to get this done because it's such a shiny project, and I really want to still participate. As it is, it was hard for me to choose a doll to change, but it's a nice challenge. I like seeing the doll with my own style thrown in, and I'm anxious to see who got mine and what it looks like. :D I also have to admit that the temptation to go to the other boards is really big, but I've held out so far! xD

Polly Juice
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Polly Juice » Sun May 10, 2009 5:09 pm

Uhm... have I misunderstood this thing? Are we only supposed to re-do ONE doll? :shock:

Blu
Super star
Super star

Post by Blu » Sun May 10, 2009 7:16 pm

:lol:
mokia_sinhall wrote:
OKami_hu wrote:Just getting this down before I FAIL... Are we supposed to remake ALL the dolls supplied, or choose one and sit back after it's done...?
Mythfreak wrote:are we allowed to do more than one doll, or do we just do one?
This should answer both: :) Feel free to do as many as you like. This was intended for each person to do just one, but if it inspires you to do more I'm sure not gonna stop you. XD
Second post down.

Polly Juice
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Polly Juice » Mon May 11, 2009 3:59 am

Thank you, blu. :)

Kitsune
Super star
Super star
AKA: Legen...wait for it...dary!

Post by Kitsune » Mon May 11, 2009 3:47 pm

You know something I noticed, a lot of people are taking the original smaller doll and making a bigger version. Am I like the only person who's making a smaller version of a bigger doll? I just have a hard time working on big bases is all, but I feel all left out, J/K! :lol:
Like my sig? Get one at my shop!

AV by Kali_Sedai/Sig base site down.

grafiketgrafok
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by grafiketgrafok » Mon May 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Funny, I didn't notice at all, but now you say that... ^^
Mine is the same size of the original... I wanted to put so much detail on her I couldn't work on a small base, I really suck at dolling small bases!! Which frustrates me 'cause I love so many small bases! ;)
Céline
Image Image - MY DEVIANTART
ImageImageImageImage
base - base AV
[url=http://http:a//nimbo.net/quiz/houses.html]Image[/url]

Helyn
Super star
Super star

Post by Helyn » Mon May 11, 2009 6:24 pm

I didn't want to go big but it had the pose that I wanted. Either that or go near-sprite size and that didn't seem fair.
Sig bases by Wayuki

Blu
Super star
Super star

Post by Blu » Mon May 11, 2009 8:22 pm

I think the base I chose is slightly larger than the original (though I could be wrong *too lazy to check*), but I love larger bases, so, yesh. X3 I have a lot more trouble with smaller bases.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
we're all here

Lucifer
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by Lucifer » Tue May 12, 2009 4:15 am

I think my doll is slightly smaller... it's shorter, anyway. I was looking mainly for pose rather than size when I chose it though.
I'm excited to know who got me/what doll they chose. I love this event ^_^
Av Base by Hollay ^_^

Polly Juice
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Polly Juice » Tue May 12, 2009 10:28 am

I went the other way around; I'm making smaller versions of medium-sized dolls, even though I'm usually making large dolls myself.

Return to “Team Two”