Nother EDIT.....almost there

Only members on Team Two can view and post here!

which do like better of my redoll?

the first version
13%
the second version
50%
or the sepia version
38%

Total votes: 8

JonOfTheDead
Super star
Super star

Nother EDIT.....almost there

Post by JonOfTheDead » Fri May 08, 2009 12:08 am

originalImage

re-dollImage

two new options

base by Solace

left the colour scheme the same...cause i liked it.....but i made it a guy...changed the hair style....the wing style....gave him pants that are the same color as the leg warmer thingies...so yeah...i hope i did okay!
Last edited by JonOfTheDead on Wed May 13, 2009 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
icecream by SnuffyBucket /made for me by Filthy Gorguz base/Gambit av made for me by Odyav base
GAMBIT IS LOVE!!!!!

Lazzi
Super star
Super star

Post by Lazzi » Fri May 08, 2009 2:07 am

I think you've set yourself on a challenging path by choosing a base with fairly masculine features for a male fae . . . but then again, why the heck not?!

I like the shape of the wings rather a lot . . . and you get several bonus points for matching them to the angle of the body. (That's one of my few dolling pet peeves, heh. :D )

So here are a few ideas I'm going to throw out for you to do with as you will: 1) Pants. I kind of feel like I'm being overly conventional by suggesting that, but I think pants may provide you with more options for details and design than a long, ankle-length skirt. 2) When I see the blue ribbing in the top on the original doll, I think "suspenders", so that's a possibility (whether they're attached to pants or a skirt!). Finally, 3) switching up the colour scheme and perhaps making the colour focus the orange and red from the socks, while making blue and green the accent colours, orrrrrr you could colour his hair orange and red, keep the blue and green as the main colours and go with pink for accent colours, orrrrrr . . . well, you get the idea. Colour mix-up! You don't have to totally play down the green and blue (especially since you like them so much) . . . just try some swapping.

Good luck to you! :)

Av by FilthyGorguz, MIA :( || Awesotastic sig by Isobel
My DA account || The Limelight Cafe

Blu
Super star
Super star
AKA: This says something different when you're not looking
Dolling Style: Pixel
Avatar Base: https://www.deviantart.com/loulabeiie

Post by Blu » Sat May 09, 2009 12:38 am

The pants, near the top, look a little bit pillowshaded and I'd personally go for less dithering. It looks great, though! :D I really like how you changed the fae to a guy and the changes you made - it looks like the original in a lot of ways, but it's also quite different. :3

JonOfTheDead
Super star
Super star

Post by JonOfTheDead » Wed May 13, 2009 1:31 am

taking your comments into consideration...i made some changes from the original one i did....hope its better now...
ImageImageImage
icecream by SnuffyBucket /made for me by Filthy Gorguz base/Gambit av made for me by Odyav base
GAMBIT IS LOVE!!!!!

Return to “Team Two”