CC Please! :]

Only members on Team Two can view and post here!
Magpii
Cast
Cast

CC Please! :]

Post by Magpii » Sat May 09, 2009 9:47 am

Original Doll
[Base]

My re-doll
[Base]

So, what do you think? Which version is better, the one with the pattern or the one without? ^^'

Oh, and does she look enough like the original doll? x.x I'm really worried she just looks like a completely new doll :/

I'd love some CC too, mostly on the skirt and the shoes n//n'

Nyx
Super star
Super star
AKA: .Your Favorite Worst Nightmare.
Dolling Style: Pixel
Formerly: DarkPhoenix

Post by Nyx » Sat May 09, 2009 10:23 am

:] I like the version with the pattern best, for CC on the skirt it looks a bit too tight instead of flowy, umm its hugging her at the bottom of the skirt instead of flowing naturally. I hope this makes sense :/
:) I actually like her shoes, and I think you can still tell that she looks enough like the original doll. I hope this helped and didn't confuse you. :oops:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage
*Click Image to Visit Maker*

Magpii
Cast
Cast

Post by Magpii » Sat May 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Don't worry, you weren't confusing ;] Though I'm not sure what side you meant [right or left]? Either way, does this look better?

Lazzi
Super star
Super star

Post by Lazzi » Wed May 13, 2009 1:47 am

Another vote for the polka dot print!

I'm really liking your redoll . . . the green, gold and white is so fresh and springy, and I'm digging how you've modernized the look of the original doll while holding on to a few of her distinct elements.

I honestly think you're almost done with this, and I really do like this a lot, therefore I'm going to get a bit nitpicky with some small details:

- I like that you've kept the gold chain in the hair. It looks good, although the shape (the way it lies on her head) looks a little awkward. I think it's the part that goes over her bangs. Maybe try putting it under her bangs, or maybe adjust it so it doesn't turn up at such a severe angle on that part of her head (doll's right, our left).

- I think the off-the-shoulder sleeves are quite inspired (and necessary to retain the feel of the original doll) . . . but I think they should look more connected to her top. A few strategically placed pixels should do it, or you could even make them look a little more flowy/loose.

- The wrap looks good, although I think it might be wrapped a bit too tightly around her right wrist (doll's right, our left).

- Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of great ideas for the shoes. I'd definitely keep them as flats . . . it's a nice balance of formal and sporty, a feel you've captured quite nicely with your doll

- One last thing . . . maybe add another thin stripe to the bottom of the skirt, just to match the double stripe on the original doll's skirt.

I know that was a lot of nitpicking, but to twist a phrase from Krusty the Klown: "I nit because I love." :mrgreen:

I'm going to attach an image of your doll with circles around the part of the headband I think looks a bit odd, and the part of the dress I think DarkPhoenix was talking about (I think she meant that particular part of the skirt should kick out a bit more). (And I hope she corrects me if I'm wrong!)

Looking forward to the next update! :)

Av by FilthyGorguz, MIA :( || Awesotastic sig by Isobel
My DA account || The Limelight Cafe

Return to “Team Two”