CC me !!

Only members on Team Two can view and post here!
Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend
AKA: Marly Oh-Oh-O's
Dolling Style: Pixel

CC me !!

Post by Marleaux » Sat May 09, 2009 2:47 pm

Mostly hair is what I want CC on!
Okay so here's the doll I chose to redoll:
Image Base: http://lightdream.free.fr/indexed_colors/

Here's the style I wanted to replicate:
Base: http://jishin.deviantart.com/Image

Okay I don't think I've forgotten anything so just tell me if I can improve it!

Update: Stupid tattoos... Anyways here's the final product!
Last edited by Marleaux on Thu May 14, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My spawn

Lazzi
Super star
Super star

Post by Lazzi » Tue May 12, 2009 1:41 am

Ooo! I really like the new hair colour! That there is hair with some zazz! The hot pink and the green highlight are eye catching in a thoroughly enjoyable way.

The redesigned wings are nice, and I really like the wrap skirt (with its well-shaped bow!). I think it's good that you stayed true to the original by not adding a ton of clothes to her, but if you're still in the mood for some tweaking, how about trying a few more twists to differentiate your doll from the original? It doesn't have to be too grandiose . . . like maybe switching the butterflies and the tattoo . . . you could give her a butterfly tattoo on her torso and maybe wrap her arms and/or legs in vines that resemble the original doll's tattoo? Something small like that.

Sweet buttery cow, but I do love that shade of pink in her hair! :D

Av by FilthyGorguz, MIA :( || Awesotastic sig by Isobel
My DA account || The Limelight Cafe

Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Post by Marleaux » Tue May 12, 2009 12:44 pm

Yay! I wanted to do more but I was waiting to see if I did something horribly wrong before I added more horribly wrong. I was thinking about the vine wrapping too but didn't wanna stray too far. However now I see other people's doll in which there are more differences. And yeah MY butterflies look retarded haha. Do you think I should add straps to the top? I can't figure out of the top sits realistically or if it would need strap support. Thing is, I don't want to do generic spaghetti straps. Anyways thanks! I'm gonna go work on her more!

Andddd! in my tattoo search I came across this which is effin' awesome
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii11 ... attoos.jpg
My spawn

Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Post by Marleaux » Tue May 12, 2009 3:10 pm

Okay updated. I dunno if I added too many tattoos.

My spawn

Lazzi
Super star
Super star

Post by Lazzi » Tue May 12, 2009 9:24 pm

:shock: Yikes! Head sized alien tattoo! That's slightly disturbing! :lol:

I think you could scale back the tattooage . . . it looks a bit overdone now. I'd keep the butterfly tat (I like it! I do not think it sucks!) and the blue swirlie on her left leg. It would be a nice symmetry with the original doll's tattoos on the right side of her body and your doll's tattoos on her left.

I'm not super knowledgeable on the subject of strapless tops (I can't wear them!). On the one hand, I like the shape of that top as is, but if you're going for realism, you might want to try designing some sort of support (a single strap with a varying width perhaps?).

I really think you can go wild with redolling while still remaining true to the spirit of the original doll, so don't be afraid to experiment! I think if you're conscious of wanting to keep true to the original doll,then your final product won't be too far off the track.

Have you considered adding shoes to this doll? I don't know if you should or shouldn't . . . I'm just thinking some fluorescent coloured shoes or sandals might tie the whole ensemble together. (Gadzooks, I'm so bad at visualizing . . . . :oops: )

Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Post by Marleaux » Wed May 13, 2009 12:14 am

Okay you confused me a bit on the tattoos, heh. Did you mean get rid of the tattoo on my left?(her right) Also, what about the arm tattoo?
Hehe one of the reasons I wanted to do this doll was so I could forgo the shoes but if I can manage them I will do them.
My spawn

Lazzi
Super star
Super star

Post by Lazzi » Wed May 13, 2009 1:23 am

Marleaux wrote:Okay you confused me a bit on the tattoos, heh. Did you mean get rid of the tattoo on my left?(her right) Also, what about the arm tattoo?
Sorry for not being more clear. :oops: Yes, that's exactly what I meant . . . keep all the tats on the right side of the body (or the doll's left side). The arm tattoo . . . I don't know. I'm inclined to say get rid of it (maybe replace it with a viney looking bracelet on her wrist or upper forearm????). I think less might be more, especially on a smallerish base.

Return to “Team Two”