Almost done...

Only members on Team Two can view and post here!
Caitlincaitiecait
Editor
Editor
Dolling Style: Tool

Almost done...

Post by Caitlincaitiecait » Sun May 10, 2009 7:12 am

Sooo...I worked on my redoll, I wanted to keep the colors of the outfit the same (or similar) so that the doll would look like the same doll, just different.

Here's the original:

And, my version:

(first base: http://www.wayuki.nl/ , second base: unknown, if you know, please please please tell me)

What do you think? I edited the face a good bit, which I pretty new to me, so I'm kinda worried about the outcome, and is the background ish thing too much?
I need a new signature...

Nharxane
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by Nharxane » Sun May 10, 2009 2:38 pm

I say the background fits the base perfectly, it makes the pose of the base seem more possible, I wouldn't change it! I also say that the face edit looks really good, that whole doll seems to really go together really great job.
[align=center]
Av Base
[/align]

Lazzi
Super star
Super star

Post by Lazzi » Tue May 12, 2009 1:50 am

Your doll really hits that sweet spot of paying tribute to the original while remaining a unique creation of your own. The dress design is wonderful . . . I like how you kept it medieval peasant-ish, but gave it a new top and sleeves. The hair recolour is spot-on and fits the rich tones of the doll and scene really well.

I really like the face . . . the wistful, dreamy look suits the pose of the base. The eyes are quite pretty, and the hairstyle is feminine and becomingly casual. The nose looks a little off to me . . . I wonder what would happen if you flipped it so the point was facing up/right instead of down/left.

The only other thing I can suggest is perhaps giving her some shoes. While I like her white stockings, her uncovered feet look slightly out of place on a grassy knoll in the great outdoors. At the very least, the bottoms of those stockings should look a bit grungier! :mrgreen:

P.S. - Background is great and not at all overwhelming. I don't think I've seen that base before, but I'll keep my eyes peeled. :)

Av by FilthyGorguz, MIA :( || Awesotastic sig by Isobel
My DA account || The Limelight Cafe

Return to “Team Two”