Erm.. halp? [UPDATE]

Only members on Team Two can view and post here!
Adelle
Celebrity
Celebrity
AKA: Insid
Dolling Style: Pixel

Erm.. halp? [UPDATE]

Post by Adelle » Mon May 11, 2009 12:11 am

I shouldn't be allowed to post when I'm half asleep...

ANYWAY! I honestly don't know what to ask for CC for, but.. Posting so you guys can pick at it, since I'm sure I'm missing horrible ugly bits. I do that a lot. u_u

Anyway. I was assigned MythFreak, who specifically asked to keep the base curvy. Since I love to draw curvy ladies to begin with, and i can never seem to be able to do anything OTHER then make new bases (for everything I do. Ever. It's a sad, sad habit that's detrimental to my sanity. u_u ), I made a new base for it which you can find here if you're at all interested.

ANYWAY! I chose this doll out of the three I was given:
[align=center]Image[/align]

I really love little dresses like that. And gingham patterns. Seemed like a natural choice. *shrug*

I wanted to step up the spring-ie theme a bit. And add a little playful attitude. This is what I have going so far:

I have no idea what else to add. I wanted to do a few small details. Not a lot, though, because the dress will have a pattern and I don't want to take away from that. Maybe a necklace or bracelet or.. something. I have no idea.

The hair is supposed to be up in like a banana clip type style (i don't usually put outlines on hair when i pixel, but i did so you guys could at least get some idea of what the eff I'm doing. xD; ). Semi-fancy, semi-casual, allll cool! 8D

Ermm.. right. Besides that... I have no idea what else to say. If you find anything to CC on what I have, pleeeaaase do. But I don't know what to ask for, specially. u_u; Apart from what the hell else to add to it, that is. >_>;

Welp. That's all I can think of. Going to go pass out on my nice soft fluffy bed now. ILU GAIZ. 8D

..lolboobies.

[align=center]--------------------------------

Updates

Image[/align]
Last edited by Adelle on Wed May 13, 2009 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
{ not really here }

Kitsune
Super star
Super star
AKA: Legen...wait for it...dary!

Post by Kitsune » Mon May 11, 2009 12:34 am

Ok, first let me say I love the dress, and the base it rocking. That said the only thing I would say is that maybe for the clip make it more like a claw or adjust the width of it? Also, I think the hair would probably fall back over it some if it's that length wouldn't it? I wish I could explain it better.

You've done a really good job with it so far though, I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes out!
Like my sig? Get one at my shop!

AV by Kali_Sedai/Sig base site down.

Adelle
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Adelle » Mon May 11, 2009 2:01 pm

You're right -- top parts of her hair would be much more.. floppy, at that length. My hair is short, so it sticks straight up when i clip it back. *bad reference* XD;;

Claw clip would be much better, too. Hrm. I'll doodle it in, see what I can come up with. Those little teeth on it might kill me, however. XP

Thank you for the ideas and the C/C. x_x Like I said, I've been staring at it so long I've lost half the details. XD;
{ not really here }

Kitsune
Super star
Super star
AKA: Legen...wait for it...dary!

Post by Kitsune » Mon May 11, 2009 3:52 pm

Oh good, I'm glad I could help some. :) Maybe this will help you with the clip, I hope you don't mind redlines? It's just a basic outline, but I hope it helps you some.

Like my sig? Get one at my shop!

AV by Kali_Sedai/Sig base site down.

Helyn
Super star
Super star
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel
Avatar Base: http://pyrochan-dolls.deviantart.com/

Post by Helyn » Mon May 11, 2009 6:21 pm

Oh man, I love that base. That face is so rockin...I want to use it...

I think a necklace would be good. I'm picturing a fine chain with a chunky locket or something, smuggling in those big boobies. But I don't really picture her wearing bracelets or earrings, she doesn't seem that sort to me. I get a casual vibe from her.
Sig bases by Wayuki

DA account : Blog : Shelfari

Rami
Super star
Super star
AKA: Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf-herder!
Dolling Style: Tool, Pixel and Cell
Avatar Base: katberrie.deviantart.com/

Post by Rami » Mon May 11, 2009 6:33 pm

I love how this is coming along.
But the folds seem to indicate that she is raising the dress more than she actually does...so...maybe lenghthen the part that she doesnt raise?

Blu
Super star
Super star
AKA: This says something different when you're not looking
Avatar Base: https://www.deviantart.com/loulabeiie

Post by Blu » Mon May 11, 2009 9:33 pm

I think she should have freckles. ._.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
we're all here

Hollay
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend
Dolling Style: Pixel and Cell
Avatar Base: Immaculate Conception

Post by Hollay » Tue May 12, 2009 1:39 am

I see she inherited your bewbeyz. D:

I love this though. The folds look amazing, and I really love the beady (not an insult!) eyes and the hairstyle. I do think adding a necklace or summin might add a little more.. detail or flair to her though. :3 Maybe one of those long necklaces with some pendant (I'll take a pic at home and post examples if ya need. I have a cool antique-y one that would look cool pixeled with this girl). :D

BEWBZZ LUL

Polly Juice
Celebrity
Celebrity
AKA: Media Magician
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel
Avatar Base: http://www.pixel-glam.com/

Post by Polly Juice » Tue May 12, 2009 10:34 am

Since she's raising her skirt, I'd like to see a tattoo or something on her leg, as if she's raising the skirt to show off the tattoo. And since she looks kinda like a tough chick, I think a tattoo would suit her.

Adelle
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Adelle » Wed May 13, 2009 2:36 pm

fiahgklh Sorry guys! I had an attack of real life. Last minute plans for a trip to Canada before school starts. x_x

ANYWAY!

So! I redid the hair-floppiness, and tried desperately to make a little claw clip. Kinda failed. But at least it's shiny? Er.. >_>;

Elongated parts of the dress, because it was horribly uneven (thank you Rami, i never would have noticed that. XD; )

Erm.. added in that necklace. it's -supposed- to be one of those 'cameo' lockets.. Not sure if you can really tell. Woe. u_u

And then, of course, hair is shaded, and the dress has basic shading. And the shadow under the dress on her legs.

What i haven't done is the tattoo and the freckles. I played with the tattoo idea, but i just couldn't come up with anything. XD;; Every thing I came up with was either too gaudy or too big. or not big enough. So.. i gave up. u_u

Freckles I just haven't even attempted yet. I'm afraid they're take away from her face. So I'm thinking maybe a few birthmarks here and there? Not just on her face, but her chest or something. I dunno.

Erm... lesse.. I can't think of anything else besides that. u_u
{ not really here }

Blu
Super star
Super star
AKA: This says something different when you're not looking
Avatar Base: https://www.deviantart.com/loulabeiie

Post by Blu » Wed May 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Question! How heavy is that locket? o_o 'Cause it seems to be sitting quite comfortably and doesn't really appear to be being pulled down by gravity much. It just looks a bit off to me? *Shrugs* Depends on the chain, too. >.<;

There are a few pixels in the hair that *really* bug me. I think it's with the lightest color. Can you see them, or am I just obsessing? Also, the hair looks a little...almost washed out. I'd suggest going for more of a bright red, but that's more personal preference. :3 Anyway, looks really cool. xD The claw clip looks awesome, and I envy you for that shadow under her dress.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
we're all here

Rami
Super star
Super star
AKA: Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf-herder!
Dolling Style: Tool, Pixel and Cell
Avatar Base: katberrie.deviantart.com/

Post by Rami » Thu May 14, 2009 6:18 pm

=D

I don't think freckles will take away from the face. If anything, it will add to the playfull-y feel of the girl...uh that makes no sense, does it...?

Return to “Team Two”