Getting around it

Only members on Team Two can view and post here!
OKami_hu
Gaffer
Gaffer
AKA: Hungarian Slash Queen
Dolling Style: Pixel

Getting around it

Post by OKami_hu » Fri May 22, 2009 8:24 pm

Is there something outrageously wrong on this...?

Image Edit--> Image
Base by Wayuki

Spare me the "Oh, this looks lovely"-comments; I know it's awesome. Point out what can be done better.
Last edited by OKami_hu on Sat May 23, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aywas, the better pet site.

Shop: Image

Av & sig are done by me; Av base is Glam exclusive.

Danielle
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Danielle » Fri May 22, 2009 10:42 pm

Oh, this looks lovely

:)

No, really, it does, but do you think you could also post the original for comparison?

The bottom of her skirt, opposite the split, almost looks like it would love to have a large embellishment of some sort. A small pattern or a detail to mimic the other side? I don't know really but something is striking me as empty about that spot.

Her head, other than the makeup, look a little plain in comparison to the arms and dress. Maybe you could add a hair accessory or a flower tucked behind the ear? Her ears or covered a bit or else I'd suggest some dangling earrings ... but then again, depending on what color they were (such as a blue used elsewhere), that could work.

I like the color scheme. The contrasting blues are interesting and they work. And the pops of black draw the eye in.
[align=center]Av & av base : Hollay [/align][align=center]Image[/align]

Polly Juice
Celebrity
Celebrity
AKA: Media Magician
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel
Avatar Base: http://www.pixel-glam.com/

Post by Polly Juice » Sat May 23, 2009 5:36 am

CC:

I'd suggest placing a little shading on the dress right under her arm, to show that it's above the dress. Makes it more realistic.
The hair could also do with more shading, especially around the neck, to show that some of it hangs down behind the head and is not, as it were, hanging flat against the neck. That would make it less 2d and more 3d.

And I think the pinwheel or whatever it is looks a little out of place at the split. It steals the attention too much. I'd love to see it removed and replaced, perhaps, by a tiny border around the slit instead; something in silver.

The cheerful, tropical blue shade of the pinwheel and the necklace clash against the soft, gentle powderblue of the dress. It would be better to replace the necklace with something black, like the girdle, to be consistent. A choker, perhaps?

I'd like to see a tad more shading to the bottom of the breast, again to make it more realistic and 3d.

Oh, and the girdle looks a little too straight. Since she's half turned aside at the hips, I think the girdle should have its opening more to our left.

Hollay
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend
Dolling Style: Pixel and Cell
Avatar Base: Immaculate Conception

Post by Hollay » Sat May 23, 2009 3:28 pm

The details are really bothering me. The necklace/blue bangle/shoes in particular are looking very pasted on instead of drawn to match her pose. The choker needs to be lower, and probably a little straighter. Most plastic/leather chokers have button-snaps, so if they were staying that high on the neck, they'd be actually -choking-. XD
The bangle is also a weird shape. It looks more angled than round. I think you should try to think how heavier materials lay on skin, they don't usually follow the angle of the hand, but lay straight against the wrist if that makes sense.
As far as the shoes, I think you should look up some high heel references, since the one on our left is looking more like a high heeled bootie than a pump.

OKami_hu
Gaffer
Gaffer
AKA: Hungarian Slash Queen
Dolling Style: Pixel

Post by OKami_hu » Sat May 23, 2009 6:27 pm

Okay, I changed some things; it indeed looks better now. ^^ Thanks.

Anything else?
Aywas, the better pet site.

Shop: Image

Av & sig are done by me; Av base is Glam exclusive.

Hollay
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend
Dolling Style: Pixel and Cell
Avatar Base: Immaculate Conception

Post by Hollay » Sun May 24, 2009 12:00 am

Much better. :3 I like the repositioning of the flower design, and the trim on the hemline. I think her skin could do well being a little paler, or maybe just with some purplish/blue tones, just so it isn't such a stark contrast from all the blue in her outfit.

Return to “Team Two”