Finished =O And posted here to see what I got...

Only members on Team Two can view and post here!
HikariJade
Supporting Role
Supporting Role
Dolling Style: Pixel

Finished =O And posted here to see what I got...

Post by HikariJade » Wed May 27, 2009 6:02 am

Thank goodness for the long time we were given to finish this. ^^"
I would definitely like CC and/or ideas if you have any for me! =3

Here is the doll I chose to redo:

Base

And here is what I have so far:

Base

I am currently working on shading the wings, so don't mind those blobby forms...lol.

I would like any suggestions on shading regarding the lightsource, since the lamp is there...and I have some ideas for shoes already, but any input on those are fine as well.

I was originally going to put a zebra print on the top part of the dress, but that plan failed miserably...I may just go for the original stripes or maybe a new pattern. Does the shape of the skirt look okay? I finally drew one and I like it, but I'm wondering if it looks too stiff now and how to fix it.

I was also thinking of retouching the hair and have some hanging down at the back.
Ah, but that's enough jabbering from me. What do you think?

(Come to think of it, sheesh, maybe I should have used a smaller base. xD But this one called to me for some reason...)

*EDIT*

Yeah, I am done =O You can CC for future reference? Hehe

Last edited by HikariJade on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Av base

I'm not a very active doller... 8C

Stinio
Super star
Super star

Post by Stinio » Wed May 27, 2009 8:03 am

I looooove the hair! Don't change it! It's gorgeous! The shape of the wings is very cool too! (: Though I think theres something off with the perspective? Sorry I can't explain >_<
I really like the dress. Especially the skirt part, it's very unique. Though I have some things I can point out.. I give you a picture were I drew around things that I noticed because I suck at explaining xD

So I moved the wings a bit, but they still seem kinda.. off.. I don't know how to fix it, and maybe it's just me. And I think the skirt seems a bit stiff on our left side. But I think it's cool the way it is, but still..
And I drew a circle in the middle of the skirt, I think the line there is a bit jagged. Or how to explain it..
Okay, I hope this doesn't sound mean or anything, it's truly an awesome doll! And this is just what I think, and I may be wrong, so you can just ignore me then. Hope you understand what I mean >_<

för du är vild och galen och för ung

HikariJade
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by HikariJade » Wed May 27, 2009 8:39 am

Ah, yeah, I think that's what is bothering me about the skirt. =o And that wing too, actually. ^^" My crappy perspective, lol. I'll be working on fixing that...

Thanks for commenting, and nah don't worry about sounding mean, you didn't anyway and I asked for help. ^^
Av base

Polly Juice
Celebrity
Celebrity
AKA: Media Magician
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel
Avatar Base: http://www.pixel-glam.com/

Post by Polly Juice » Wed May 27, 2009 3:11 pm

WHOW! :shock: :o <3

LOVE the shaded folds on the skirt, and the way it droops down at the back! The wings have good shapes, and will probably be great with some shading. I like the part of the top that hangs down, don't know a suitable word for it, and I like the way you've done her hair. The loose arms of the dress is a cool touch, too.

As for CC, I think the necklace melts into her skin too much. Perhaps some shade on the skin to make it stand out more?

Lazzi
Super star
Super star

Post by Lazzi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Yowsa! I honestly can't nit this because she looks terrific! I just wanted to say that I LURVE the palette you chose for the dress. That muted green is so far up my alley that it's knocking on my back door!

With a bit of detail in the wings and perhaps a little light/flame in the lantern, this is going to be an A+ doll. (If I was the least bit adept in shading, I'd offer advice on light sourcing, but I'm not, so I won't bork your project with it). As for shoes, I'd say your instincts have led you down the right path so far, so anything you have in mind will no doubt look good. I think a lace-up sandal, some sort of variation on a geta sandal, or even just keeping her in bare feet will be fine (maybe just some grass or reeds at the feet?).

Yes the skirt looks slightly stiff, but that's what I like about it! It matches the sleeves and it makes the whole outfit really unique . . . kind of like a costume from a fairy tale, but very chic at the same time. Nifty! :mrgreen:

Av by FilthyGorguz, MIA :( || Awesotastic sig by Isobel
My DA account || The Limelight Cafe

HikariJade
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Post by HikariJade » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:42 am

Thank you =3 I didn't get to see your comment before I finished, Lazzi, but I did end up making lace up sandals...lol. Man I glad I'm done.

Even if I was a tad late... *shifty eyes*
Av base

Return to “Team Two”