Help? Anyone? Rhonda?

Only members on Team Two can view and post here!
Lazzi
Super star
Super star

Help? Anyone? Rhonda?

Post by Lazzi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:27 pm

I knew I wasn't going to be able to tackle my re-doll right away, but I didn't realize RL would put such a whopping hex on me in the past few weeks. Oh well . . . last minute panic is such a great motivator, right? RIGHT?!?!?

Anyway, I need help. Lots of help. Lots and lots of help with outlines, specifically. Usually I fake my way around outlining, but I want this to be as close to perfect as I can get it, because I got Rapsody Girly and she is an awesome doller and she deserves an awesome doll (or as close to awesome as I can get it).

Original doll:

Base

Redoll:

Image ---> Image
Base

Yes. Verrrrrry eeeeearly stages because I don't want to go any further until I get the outlining straightened out, specifically these two areas:
1) the left side (doll's right) of the jacket collar. I've redrawn that !#$% thing 200 times and I still can't make it look like it's standing up (or is it fine? I've looked at it too much!)
2) The heel of the boots. I'm going for a wedge heel, but I just can't make it work, especially on the left foot (doll's right).

The only thing essentially completed on the doll is the face & hair. I kind of wanted to go with an opposite-style haircut from the original -- short in the front and long in the back -- but do you know what that is? A mullet, that's what that is. It was horrifying to say the least. So she got a major chop job, the likes of which are only ever seen on America's Next Top Model makeover episodes. :D

Any help, ideas, thoughts and suggestions would be very, very appreciated . . . does the jacket need more snazz? (Oh yeah, help with the epaulettes would be nice too!) Should I go with plaid on the skirt (and yes, I'll redraw it so the pattern doesn't hang straight on the skirt like that)? I know most of you are done your dolls and are probably out and about celebrating June's warmer days, so I'll offer a whole stack of fictional home-baked pies (a bit insubstantial, but made with lurve) to anyone who'd like to help me out. Danke!

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Lazzi on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

Av by FilthyGorguz, MIA :( || Awesotastic sig by Isobel
My DA account || The Limelight Cafe

slightly-caustic
Celebrity
Celebrity
Dolling Style: Pixel
Avatar Base: http://pixel-glam.com/

Post by slightly-caustic » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:26 pm

So, I drew on it a bit, I hope that is ok ... I am not the best but I hope it helps some ...

One thing that really stands out for me is that the body of the jacket is really form fitting and the sleeves are not as form fitting, you might want to equilibrate that out a bit. Also the jacket seemed to end a bit short relative to the sleeve (it might be my personal taste talking here ..). You might want to elongate it a bit or to add a waist band onto the skirt to make it more defined in that area. I screwed with the collar a little ... i don’t know if it is any better. And I drew you a shoe, it is what I would do if I were to draw a shoe on her ... help any?
-If you are having trouble shortening my username, you can call me Cat-

ImageImage

Lazzi
Super star
Super star

Post by Lazzi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:59 pm

Oh yes indeedy! Thank you so much for the C&C and new lines (especially with the boot . . . that's going to help a lot!).

Thanks also for the keen eye on the jacket fit. Originally the jacket was much longer (over the hips), but I felt it looked too formal, and I wanted to keep a pseudo-punkish/modern feel on the doll. Don't know if that really worked . . . I guess I have some more tweaking ahead of me.

Oh, and thanks for the red line on the jacket front . . . I didn't notice before, but I see now I was giving her curves in all the wrong places! :lol:

Still open to C&C . . .

Lazzi
Super star
Super star

Post by Lazzi » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:56 am

I was hoping to finish this today (especially once the sun went down and I could see my computer screen again), but I got called into work AGAIN, so I'm going to have to finish this tomorrow morning before I go to work because WORK WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE! (Sorry . . . my cranky self is telling me to go to bed already).

ANYWAY . . . this is far as I got. Shading is about half done. The few faint unmotivated creases in the jacket are coming out. I'm kind of at a loss as to where this jacket would actually crease. The other more obvious problem is the right (doll's left) shoe. Sweet candied yams, I'm bad at drawing shoes.

Any and all thoughts, crits, redraws you have to offer while I'm catching a few Zs would be very appreciated! :)

Return to “Team Two”