Two Hours Left ... any one around for some C/C?

Only members on Team Two can view and post here!
slightly-caustic
Celebrity
Celebrity
Dolling Style: Pixel
Avatar Base: http://pixel-glam.com/

Two Hours Left ... any one around for some C/C?

Post by slightly-caustic » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:06 am

The original doll, made by Krahka:
base

My version:
Image ---> Image ---> Image(commentary on the new one posted below ...)
Base by me

So, I spent forever looking for a base ... and I finally settled on making my own base (<---look familiar?). And what did i do, I made a huge base (atleast by my standards) ... So, it is mostly line art right now but I am still looking for c/c because I am still not so sure about the base.

I have made major chages, lol and if you are wondering I decided that the dangly things, while actually my style, had to go in favor of cleaner lines and patterns on the lingerie parts. I do plan on making the skin green and the face more like the original one.

C/C PLEASE ... I will update tomorrow as I get more done ... I will finish!!!
Last edited by slightly-caustic on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-If you are having trouble shortening my username, you can call me Cat-

ImageImage

Lazzi
Super star
Super star

Post by Lazzi » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:42 am

I hear you on the whole last minute panic thing . . . the majority of my doll will have to be made tomorrow. :shock:

ANYWAY! Before I even read your comment about eschewing teeny tiny dangly details for cleaner lines, I thought "I'm going to like this outfit because the lines make the outfit look more cohesive . . . every piece of clothing is clearly defined, and you know what they're supposed to do (in their own ornamental way).

That sort of didn't make sense. Bottom line is: I likes it! I'm digging the yellow accents too . . . is the outfit going to look somewhat retro-y?

Anyway, anyway, if you feel like paying tribute to the teeny tiny dangly details, perhaps you can work some in to the hair?

I think your choice of base is great: it's flirty and shows off the outfit well. The position of her feet make the boots look extra sexy!

Looking good so far . . . .

Av by FilthyGorguz, MIA :( || Awesotastic sig by Isobel
My DA account || The Limelight Cafe

slightly-caustic
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by slightly-caustic » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:21 am

The yellow is actualy just mapping out where the silver is going to go ... it will not actually be on the final doll.

So, yeah I have added hair (still a bit chunky) and piercings ... The bands aroung the top of the stockings and the sleeve things will be added back on, at this point I am just attempting to shade the stupid thing. I am also planning to add an epic collar/ necklase thing. I haven't decided if I am going to make the skin green or not yet ... but current c/c and suggestions would probably help.

sleep ... X_x

ImageImage

Lazzi
Super star
Super star

Post by Lazzi » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:45 am

Looking good so far . . . I like the lightened hair and the awesome job you did in shading the stockings. The only thing I can see to nit is the strand of hair that's falling over the left (doll's right) collarbone. It seems a bit shorter compared to the rest of the hair (even if it is part of her bang that has been tucked behind the ear).

The jewelry is good . . . it's complimentary and not overpowering. Green skin? I have no idea how that would look (I'm terrible at conceptualization). I'm tempted to suggest forgoing the green skin and add green accents to the clothing instead . . . maybe even something like green snake (or other reptile) skin if you're feeling ambitious.

I can tell already your finished project is gonna be great! :D

Av by FilthyGorguz, MIA :( || Awesotastic sig by Isobel
My DA account || The Limelight Cafe

slightly-caustic
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by slightly-caustic » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:53 pm

Ok ... so everything but the black ("vest" and boots) is done, I am going to add some more little details if I have time ... any C/C on what is done at this point, especialy on the metal bits?

(I haven't changed that little bit of hair yet ...)

ImageImage

Polly Juice
Celebrity
Celebrity
AKA: Media Magician
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel
Avatar Base: http://www.pixel-glam.com/

Post by Polly Juice » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:21 am

Love the detailes on the outfit. Your recipient's gonna love this. The only thing I would change now is to add seams to the "vest", and some shinyness to it and the boots. That's it.

Serawr!
Celebrity
Celebrity

Post by Serawr! » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:25 am

I really like her, and although she still has a few thiings left, she lookss really pretty. I especially like the green hues to her skin.
Although, your facial jewellery and earring are kinda getting lost. I think they're too light because it's all really blending into her hair. Maybe a darker grey?
[align=center]
AvBase \ SigBase / Sig Creator / EggMaker
[/align]

Return to “Team Two”