CE's Horse Basics

Pixelated creations.

Moderator: Keke

CE's Horse Basics

Postby BTD » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:47 am

None of these are adoptable as they are CE only for now. Mythical breeds coming soon.

I did these so CE had something for members had something to look forward to, Right now they are not for sell yet, I still have to get Storm's Shop up and going first.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Bays:
Body color ranges from a light reddish-brown to very dark brown with "black points". (Points refer to the mane, tail, and lower legs.) The main color variations are:

Bay:
Dark:
Blood:
Brown:

Chestnuts:
A reddish body color with no black. Mane and tail are the same shade or lighter than the body coat. The main color variations are:

Chestnut:
Liver:
Sorrel:
Light/Blond:

Greys:
A horse with black skin but white or mixed dark and white hairs. Gray horses can be born any color, and lighten as they age. Most will eventually gray out to either a complete white or a "fleabitten" hair coat. Most "white" horses are actually grays with a fully white hair coat. A gray horse is distinguished from a white horse by dark skin, particularly noticeable around the eyes, muzzle, flanks, and other areas of thin or no hair. Variations of gray that a horse may exhibit over its lifetime include:

Grey:
Light Grey:
Steel Grey:
Dapple/Silver Grey:
Fleabitten Grey:
Rose Grey:

Blacks:

Brindles:

Champagnes:
Gold:
Dark Gold:
Amber:
Sable:
Classic:

Creams:
Palomino:
Sooty Palominos:
Isabella:
Buckskin:
Buttermilk Buckskin:
Sooty Buckskin:
Gold Buckskin:
Smoky Black:
Cremello:
Perlino:
Smoky Cream:

Mixed Creams:
Dunalino/Yellow Dun/Palomino Dun:
Dunskin/Buckskin Dun/Buttermilk Dun:
Cream Dun/Cremello Dun/Linebacked Cremello:
Smoky Grulla/Silver Grulla/Smoky Black Dun:
Double-Cream Champagne:
Amber Cream/Buckskin Champagne:
Classic Cream/Smoky Black Champagne:
Gold Cream:
Sable Cream/Brown Buckskin Champagne:
Silver Buckskin:
Silver Smoky Black:

Duns:
Yellowish or tan coat with primitive markings, sometimes called "dun factors": a darker-colored mane and tail, a dorsal stripe along the back and occasionally faint horizontal zebra stripings on the upper legs and a possible transverse stripe across the withers. There are several variations of dun:

Grullo/Grulla/Blue Dun:
Red Dun:
Bay/Zebra Dun:

Leopards:
There are a group of coat patterns caused by the leopard gene complex. It should be noted that not every horse with leopard genetics will exhibit hair coat spotting. However, even solid individuals will exhibit secondary characteristics such as vertically striped hooves and mottled skin around the eyes, lips, and genitalia, plus a white sclera of the eye. Several breeds of horse can boast leopard-spotted (a term used collectively for all patterns) individuals including the Knabstrupper, Noriker, and the Appaloosa. There are several distinct leopard patterns:

Blanket:
Varnish Roan:
Leopard:
Snowflake:
Few Spot Leopard:
Frost:

Pearl:

Pintos:
Pinto:
Piebald:
Skewbald:
Overo:
Sabino:
Tabiano:
Tovero:

Rabicano:

Roans:
A color pattern that causes white hairs to be evenly intermixed within the horse's body color. Roans are distinguishable from greys because roans typically do not change color in their lifetimes, unlike gray that gradually gets lighter as a horse ages. Roans also have heads that are either solid-colored or much darker than their body hair, and do not lighten. Variations of roan include:

Red Roan:
Bay Roan:
Blue Roan:

White:
BTD
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 205.00

Re: CE's Horse Basics

Postby Kenly » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:42 pm

HOLY MACKEREL BTD!! that's a LOT of horsies!! i love them all, though. what a wonderful job you've done. anyone who could argue that you're not a fan of horses is a fool, i think. *nodnod*
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gigglebird by ME!
av base by Hollay
Kenly
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 721.00
Dolling Style: Pixel and Cell

Postby BTD » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:21 pm

Kenly wrote:HOLY MACKEREL BTD!! that's a LOT of horsies!! i love them all, though. what a wonderful job you've done. anyone who could argue that you're not a fan of horses is a fool, i think. *nodnod*

These are colors only, hard to believe right lol

I so happy you like them, Pain in the butt they were but I am happy with them. Lol I guess I am happy to get the real world basics down even if they don't look that great. SN wanted to add in a wild west themed area to CE and I wanted to replace the horses we had been using, so these got made.

Thanks a few of them I had to take a bit ley way with since the only way to truly tell was either looking at the skin or DNA test.

I still need to get the Donkeys done before I start the mythical horses, but those I will need to edit the base to do that and add larger breeds but for now I got the colors so I am happy.

The mythical ones will be the fun part! I already have the Unicorn basics worked up in my head but these needed to come first.
BTD
Celebrity
Celebrity

Diamonds on hand: 205.00

Postby Jeanjirapa » Tue May 23, 2017 4:11 am

After reading all the information. It gives me great knowledge.
Jeanjirapa
Waiting Tables
Waiting Tables

Diamonds on hand: 52.00

Return to Pixel Art