Wumpa and her apprentice, Lxylia

For Stars to talk one on one!

Wumpa and her apprentice, Lxylia

Postby Lxylia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:49 pm

XD Glad we settled this, dear.

Now I'd love your help!

I just finished the hair below

Do you know what else I should add to her? And how should I shade the hair?

EDIT: I've gotta get ready and help daddy cook. ^^; Sowwy I'll check on this topic afterwards
Lxylia
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 0.00
AKA: Ambitious Titmice

Re: Wumpa and her apprentice, Lxylia

Postby Wumpa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Add to her as in, to her hair or the overall doll? Do you plan on adding shoes? Aaaaand what type of doll are you aiming for?

To me she looks kind of fantasy-ish, kind of indian with her clothes; I would add a lot of jewelry on her arms, but keep the neck bare. I would also move her bangs to her sides a little so we can see more of her face, 'specially the eye on (our) left.
Wumpa
Super star
Super star

Diamonds on hand: 530.00
AKA: High Noon on Wumpa Mountain
Dolling Style: Pixel
Avatar Base: duckie.artician.com

Postby Lxylia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Overall doll. I DO plan on adding shoes, just not sure which. She is my character. This will be my second doll of her

Image is first one. base's by Glam! I believe

I'll go fix up her bangs, thanks for that tip.

As for jewelry, what do you mean? OH, and that's shorts underneath that...skirt thingy xD

OH, and she's my character for PJatO, Percy Jackson and the Olympians book series. She is a demigod. This is one of her summerwear outfits.
Lxylia
Super star
Super star

Postby Wumpa » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:31 am

Oooh alriiight! So using the infos I just nabbed on wikipedia this is a fantasy-esque world. Well yes I did get the fantasy feeling out of the doll, so YAY! XD
But as I see from google images they're dressed pretty casually, pretty "normal" if I could say. Then I'll base myself on these images to give some advice.

I was gonna suggest a jacket but since this is a Summer outfit... shoes, obviously, maybe simple gladiator sandals, black (I trust you're keeping these colors for the outfit - purple, blue and black?). Well, go for open shoes anyway since the outfit is small and revealing, closed shoes would ruin it.

As for the skirt thingy, the shape of it is weird - I'd make it more like a pareo, with a straight, slightly curvy line instead of this f-shaped line. If you need more explanations I'll redline for you tonight when I'm back from work XD

You could add some nice Summer-ey bracelets, either beaded, thread-breaded or both? Nothing metallic.

I like the movement in her braid, but the pose is very static like she's standing. Is she running? Is it windy?
Wumpa
Super star
Super star

Postby Lxylia » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:38 am

Actually, I've made a hue-shift palette for the blue parts. XD

I'd like it if you redlined pareo in. ^^;

It's windy, I guess ^^; If you'd like I can post palettes I have set up for her?
Lxylia
Super star
Super star

Postby Wumpa » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:36 pm

There you go!

I used the gimp, so it became all blurry since it'S bmp -_- I'll know for next time, sorrry 'bout that. Anyway, does this help? I added lines where the folds should be approximately in the pareo, some really quick crappy shoe design that I think would look nice, and of course moving the bangs to the sides.

EDIT
Yes, do post palettes! I'm really bad for judging palettes until they're used on the doll, though XD well, we'll see.
Wumpa
Super star
Super star

Return to Dressing Room