Shmalligator and LFlitter

For Stars to talk one on one!

Shmalligator and LFlitter

Postby LFlitter » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Why hello!

Sorry I'm usually bad at starting conversation topics online, much more adapt to replying, but anyway I guess here is where we could put our WIP's that we want CC'd and what not.
LFlitter
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Diamonds on hand: 197.00
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Re: Shmalligator and LFlitter

Postby shmalligator » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:59 am

Sounds great! I don't have any at the moment but I've been thinking of getting a few things started. Have you anything?
shmalligator
Extra
Extra

Diamonds on hand: 63.00
Dolling Style: Pixel

Postby LFlitter » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:24 am

The only thing I have actually in progress right now is an Alice in Wonderland themed group doll.

Bases
LFlitter
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Postby shmalligator » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:25 am

Cute! I love the attention to detail throughout. The only thing I have to say at the moment is that maybe a face edit for the Queen of Hearts shouldn't look as happy, since she's typically more severe and unhappy. Everything else looks really good!
shmalligator
Extra
Extra

Postby LFlitter » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:08 am

Thanks, I made the edit to the Queen's face. . .worked on Cheshire and Caterpillar and added the Duchess's chef. . .I still have to start on the Duchess herself. What do you think?

LFlitter
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Postby shmalligator » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Yeah, I think the Queen's face edit looks good and conveys her character a lot more. They all look adorable, I particularly like the Mad Hatter. You're great with detailing!
shmalligator
Extra
Extra

Postby LFlitter » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Thanks! I appreciate the advise.

Truth be told Mad Hatter(in almost all of his incarnations) is my fav character so I spent a lil extra time on him.
LFlitter
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Postby shmalligator » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:38 am

Hi! Finally (after about a month of being costars ;_;) I have something I'd like some advice with?

I'm in the Miss Special pageant (I think you are too?) and I'm struggling with the pattern for the shorts I was given in round 1.

Here is what I have so far and here are the shorts I'm supposed to be doing. Obviously the white is the base of the shorts and the pink and red are for the rose pattern, but I have no idea how to even start creating the pattern. How do you normally do it?
shmalligator
Extra
Extra

Postby LFlitter » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:30 pm

Yep, I'm in it too, don't know if I'll be able to enter the next round though. :/

Hmm rose patterns. I usually for my patterns refer to xandorra.net to see if she has one that works for my purposes she has a lot of patterns.

I use a lot of layering so if any of the following instructions won't work for you let me know and I'm sure we can brainstorm something.

Anyway once I find the pattern I want I draw it out in a separate layer or image until I get it looking right, then (this is where the layering thing may have it proving tricky) I layer it over the item of clothing I shaded (I actually do what you did and create different images/layers with the same article shaded in the different colors I want) I delete all the items on the shaded layer of clothing that are not a part of the pattern itself and then get rid of the layer with the pattern on it.

I hope that made sense and is helpful.. . .I have never really successfully done a floral pattern before but I know the trick is to make the flowers/roses look organic and not boxy(which is where my fault lies)

Anyway if you have any more questions let me know, and I'll do my best to help.
LFlitter
Supporting Role
Supporting Role

Return to Dressing Room