Production Notes

Chatter about anything and everything.

Production Notes

Postby Marleaux » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Bree, 2010 wrote:Phew. Did ya'll notice how quickly our announcements keep changing? And always with so much stuff! Well, a lot of it we realized doesn't need to be there, but there are few things we'd like to say to you from time to time. Okay, a lot of times. We're still getting a good grip on the reigns here and we'd like to keep you up on all of it as well as some other stuff.

Now (and in the future) we're going to post random blurbs about what we're doing to the forum, things we've noticed, some friendly reminders, maybe the occasional random thought
My spawn
Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Diamonds on hand: 4,253.00
AKA: Marly Oh-Oh-O's
Dolling Style: Pixel

Re: Production Notes

Postby Dragyn » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:33 pm

Here on Glam!, we choose to handle all issues privately rather than in public. Simply because an issue is no longer being publicly discussed does not mean nothing is being done about it. Getting into an argument in public, whether between members or with an Admin, is not the way to solve an argument. We'd prefer to avoid breeding drama, creating martyrs, and spare everyone embarrassment.

Occasionally, we handle things wrong. But we are only human and mistakes happen. Miscommunication tends to happen over the internet. We do our best to ensure that this doesn’t happen, but it does more often than we’d like.

That aside, an we’d like to explain some things:

1. There are no "invisible rules". Simply because an Admin messages you does not mean you are in trouble or have broken a rule. Unless the PM expressly says "This is a warning" you are not in trouble. Glam! by default has limited rules and unless something becomes a major issue, new rules will not be implemented. If we gave everyone a warning each time they were PM'd half of the new members of Glam! would be gone within their first month. These messages are often set a reminder, or to avoid actually breaking a rule, and try to keep a friendly balance on Glam!

2. Admins make mistakes. We are not above the 'Glam! Law'. We are human and we don't always act in Adminly manners. First and foremost, we are members. The rules that apply to you apply to us. However, just as we will not act lenient for the Admin, we will also not act harsher on the Admin. No member shall be belittled for the sake of another. We apologize if this has happened in the past, but without knowing of our mistakes we cannot fix them.

That said you are always free to PM an Admin about any issue. Whether it is another member, a Mod, or an Admin, you are always welcome to talk to us no matter what. We try to be as open minded as we can be, and if you think something is wrong, please let us know. We love hearing from you guys :).
Dragyn
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Diamonds on hand: 370.00
AKA: Bree
Dolling Style: Tool and Pixel

Postby Marleaux » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:38 pm

I thought I'd posted a note already :T Hmm Oh well, I'll do it now. I just wanted to say I love all of you members :) When I run events, when I spent a week of nonstop work upgrading Glam I did it for you.
My spawn
Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Postby Marleaux » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:31 pm

We've noticed the welcome section is a bit lacking! :( We don't want new stars to not feel welcome. Say hello and welcome new members in Auditions and you might feel a little richer!
My spawn
Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Postby Phoenigette » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:30 pm

WOO BABY! Who's behind on oscars? I'm behind on oscars. That aside, oscar voting for uh... december is up >.>. I appreciate all the nominations guys :D :D :D makes me happy.

December was a very strong month for dolls and D+T art, but very weak for pixels D: Needs more pixels! Omnomnom mmmm.... pixels.

Also, as a reminder, there's only two days left for our Valentine's Events!

*eats more sour gummy worms*
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 16,286.00
AKA: Batty's Slave

Postby Marleaux » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Ohi guys. Valentine's events have been extended by 2 days 'cause I'm sick as a dog.
My spawn
Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Postby Marleaux » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:38 am

Been wondering about Hotel Glam? Because of a few errors with the update, some images are missing(as you might notice with the lack of background). Because of that, and that the whole layout no longer matches, we're going to be doing a long term remodel. For those that have been waiting and have placed a room order to lease before this very point, will receive 50% off their lease cost for rooms already ordered. Yes we can see when you edit it ;) Until then, lease buyups and room updates are on hold.
As per the Hotel Glam 2.0 update,
Do I have a time limit to fill my room?
You have 6 months to fill your room before it is repossesed and you are refunded 50% of your kisses.

Because of the update we are unsure who has had rooms for 6 months so I will be contacting every single "empty" room that has no been updated and asking if you will be filling your rooms. You will have the choice to keep your room. You will have 30 days to at least respond or you will be evicted. If you chose to not keep your room but you do respond, 50% of the current room value will be refunded to you. As soon as we do this, we are on a new slate and all tenant will have 6 months from that point on to fill their room. Why do we do this? It totally depreciates our real estate value to have a bunch of boxes sittin around! O:
My spawn
Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Postby Phoenigette » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:47 pm

the first oscars are done for the year of 2011!! i feel like celebrating! maybe i should open a bottle of champagne...
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Postby Marleaux » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Hellllllo! I just wanted to slip in here and first say, I'm sorry things I'm responsible for are behind, i started working 5 days a week (up from 0) so I can't do all of what I used to. I catch up when I can :)

Also. I wanna talk about CCing. Anyone who knows me know when you ask me in dollchat to CC you I don't usually hold back. I of course won't tell you it looks like shit but I try to be honest. While Glam is a place you can't refuse CC, we do however have levels. While most chose not to use these, some do, epically new people. You are always allowed to give CC but we ask you be a little more respectful and kind hearted towards people who say light cc. Someone new members need encouragement and will eventually get used to it. In the mean time, please allow for a little more kindness for those who ask for it(and those who don't ;) ).
My spawn
Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Postby Marleaux » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:47 pm

New additions!
First, Hotel Glam is in the middle of a remodel still XD
Second, the Talent Agency has been revamped!
Annnnnd there's a new subforum called the Screen Writer's Lounge which I thought people could see but apparently they can't :D Now you can >>
Thirdly, I'm just amazed at the support for donations you guys have been giving. It's truly moving to see how much you care about Glam! :)
My spawn
Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Postby Marleaux » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:49 pm

Also I didn't realize but we broke a record again recently!
Most users ever online was 120 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:53 pm
This is up from 114 or so in February.
My spawn
Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Postby Marleaux » Thu May 12, 2011 7:24 am

Known bugs: Join date is always today's date on the topic screen. View their profile for the real one. Double mod listening on forums. I'm sure I caused this XD I'll get it fixed when I can :D
My spawn
Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Postby Phoenigette » Tue May 17, 2011 3:18 pm

I wanted to send out an apology for the lack of awards and closing events. We seem to just forget D: and that's not right. So I'm hoping to wrap up events soon. On that note, doll Em awards are up! :D

Also, a super special apology to everyone who cares about oscars. I'm super behind on those and I'm sorry!!! I'll try to have them out as soon as I can!
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Postby Phoenigette » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:29 pm

a month and a half later! i actually did some oscars! *headdesk* this is terrible. my procrastination has reached an all time low. However, i'm hoping this whole doing oscars thing is a trend *straps self to table* stay tuned.
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Postby Marleaux » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Introducing 2 new Glam features! Tiny but still XD
First there is the Thumbnail one! User for your large wips that get chopped! D: No need to use the img when you use this ;)
An Example:

Second is the spoiler code!
An Example:
Omg Spoilers D:

They both can be found when using the full editor when making a post :D
My spawn
Marleaux
Silver Screen Legend
Silver Screen Legend

Postby Phoenigette » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:20 pm

omg marly i love you so much right now

Code: Select all
[kermit][/kermit]
Image Image
Thanks Gwen ;)

Bang, baby!
Phoenigette
Producer
Producer

Postby Keke » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:30 am

OSCARS ARE UP TO DATE! WOO!

Well as far as being up for voting. Once voting ends getting the actual awards done should be quick. A note on Oscars, if you see a something that strikes your fancy please, please, please put it in the nominations thread. It makes my job a lot easier if I have suggestions from you guys and don't have to scour through the pages and pages of posts to find the correct months.

I am hoping that I will finally be able to stay on top of it. I am sorry that it has taken me this long to get everything caught up again. But I will be able to keep on track better if you all help me as well. So make sure you make nomination suggestions!
Keke
Producer
Producer

Diamonds on hand: 1,573.00
AKA: The Argyle Queen
Dolling Style: Tool

Postby Keke » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:31 pm

OSCARS ARE COMPLETELY UP TO DATE! WOO!

Interviews will probably start up again at the beginning of the year. I know you lovelies wanted those back.
Keke
Producer
Producer

Postby Keke » Wed May 01, 2013 12:07 am

New layout!

If you have any problems head on over to the New Layout Help Desk.
Keke
Producer
Producer

Return to Tabloids